Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Late Start-er
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Classic V-Drive Club of America Bass Lake Boat Fest is set! More info here: Home Page

The Entry form is here: Fun Stuff

If you need more info, Brian's club phone is 559-325-7226

It looks to be set up very similar to last year, which was a blast. Hope to see you there.
JT

·
Late Start-er
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the same weekend as CFW Fathers day weekend deal :(.. Bummer wont be making that one
Hey Bill, I thought CFW was the following weekend?

·
Late Start-er
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is about time to get your rooms and register for the boat show. Go to the CVDCOA website link in the original post for registration forms and information. When you call The Pines for your room reservations (559-642-3121), ask for Laura Darling. She is the v-drive boat show coordinator and it will cut thru some hassles of going thru transfers and being on hold.

If you haven't been to Bass Lake before, it is a small mountain community that is surrounded by forest. There are small stores and several restaurants around The Pines Resort and the weather should be great. There are camping areas and RV parks nearby in the Oakhurst area too. Brian has more info on that. It is a real nice area but the show area is much smaller than Needles. The show is the focus. Trailers are dropped and tow cars are moved out of the show area. Once the show starts, trailers can not be moved due to the insurance restrictions so you can not take your trailer out of the show, launch, and return later. There just isn't room. Lots of folks showed up and parked trailers in the show area on Thursday. Friday it got a bit more hectic and it is tough but possible to do on Saturday before the deadline at 8:30am.

As far as boating goes, last year, some folks put their boats in on Thursday, Friday morning and after the show ended on Saturday evening.
Like last year, I am told that registered show participants do not have to purchase the Bass Lake usage permit that is required otherwise. The way I understand it, the guy who runs the launch ramp is not part of the Pines Resort and charges a fee. Last year the launch area was under construction but I am told the work has been completed and it shouldn't be as difficult to launch this year. They expect there will be some water to play in, but it will be a lot lower than usual again. Last year we were there at the end of May, before the Sheriff's Patrol started working the lake in June. They will probably be there this year and I heard there is a noise limit/rule but I dont know anything more about that. If we keep having a good turnout and the show keeps growing and bringing the area revenue, it may reach a point where concessions are made for us to void noise restrictions etc but Im not aware of that happening yet.

Last year was my first to attend and participate. The weather, people, boats and show were all great. Everyone I spoke with had a good time and I think lots of them will be traveling back this year. I would like to see participation grow so we can keep this thing going up here in the central Cal area.

Looking forward to seeing everyone up there.
JT

·
Late Start-er
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey folks, it is getting closer to the Bass Lake v-drive boat show. You dont have to be a CVDCOA member to join us. Get your show registration in, your rooms reserved and buy your catered dinner tickets for Friday night (they need a head count so sooner is better). I spoke with Brian at CVDCOA this morning and everything looks good but there are still folks from last year who havent registered yet and it would be great to add more boats that havent participated. It was a great weekend last year. Come on up and enjoy the great weather and wooded scenery.

The registration form is here: Fun Stuff

Call Brian if you have any questions: 559-325-7226

Hope to see you there
JT

·
Late Start-er
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Less than 3 weeks to go. Hoping for a good turnout so we can keep this show going in our area.

·
4GsFloatin
143 Posts
Do you know if the Friday and Saturday events will be the same? At approximately what time will the cackle fests be on each day?

·
Late Start-er
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Do you know if the Friday and Saturday events will be the same? At approximately what time will the cackle fests be on each day?
If I remember, we did a cacklefest Friday early evening after the dinner. The actual show is on Saturday and that cacklefest was a kick. I think that was in the early afternoon. Im sure Brian will be able to answer your questions better. Give him a call5593257226

Edit: Per Brian 060115
Most of the entry boats arrive and set up on Thursday
Friday the show is open to the public to view but there are still some boats showing up throughout the day and entrants visit and have dinner
Friday night after dark, about 9pm, there is a cacklefest in honor of Chris Blevens
Saturday, late entrants must be parked by 8am and the main show begins about 9am
Saturday the cacklefest is about noon

·
Late Start-er
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
camping

Wheres the closest camping for the bass lake show.
I am not familiar with camping in the area but I was told that the only camping is on the other side of the lake and you can probably get more information about that from
Bass Lake Recreation5596423212

·
Late Start-er
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Swap Meet

Per Brian, with your boat entry, you can also sell parts or even your boat but you can also set up a larger swap meet space without a boat for an entry fee (if that makes sense)
Call Brian for more info

·
Late Start-er
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Come up to Bass Lake this Saturday and join the fun. Lots of nice v-drives to check out and some cooler weather up there. Looking forward to it.
Cya
JT

·
Late Start-er
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts