Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a trip planned in a couple weeks to Bass Lake and would like to find out if anyone knows if OT headers are a bust on the lake?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
I think you gotta register your boat at the sheriffs tower and they go by hp. Somebody can verify that likely...but i think thats how they roll.

·
Attack Republican
312 Posts
If you plan on boating a lot on Bass Lake I would buy the pass.... Otherwise, skip it if you are only going for the day. I have been on the lake for years and only bought a pass for two of those years. Some will say that that is a wrong attitude to take, but hey, time are tough. :D
I let them tell me to go get the pass before I actually get it, and be prepared for a boat inspection when you go to the sheriff tower, and do it in calm water....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replys not sure if I want to buy mufflers for one trip, may just roll the dice!

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you are going to roll the dice, you better launch on the far side of the lake. Even then, you will have to pass the sheriff's tower to go to the other end of the lake. You will not get by without mufflers. The noise will draw there attention. The lake is small. There will be 3 to 4 jet ski rangers in addition to 2 ranger boats patrolling. I think that you will be much better off just going to the tower and registering. The rangers on the water deal with non registered boaters every day. They know what's going on. Especially if you are driving a flat with headers. I take my Kurtis up there, register and pay the fee's every year. I have a great time. I don't do anything stupid and they don't bother me.

Geoff

·
Laps Timed By Sundial
580 Posts
well someone should say it, that place is a ZOO. if you can picture tower boats, poontoons, chriscrafts & waverunners (rentals) all running counter clockwise in packs. waverunners don't know counter clockwise just Zig & Zag. the area is real nice, but for a Hot Boat hardly worth it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well someone should say it, that place is a ZOO. if you can picture tower boats, poontoons, chriscrafts & waverunners (rentals) all running counter clockwise in packs. waverunners don't know counter clockwise just Zig & Zag. the area is real nice, but for a Hot Boat hardly worth it.
nough said, guess I will leave the boat at home!

·
Bass Lake Dream'n
3,082 Posts
I run mufflers and water. I register the boat by walking to the tower and leaving the boat on the trailer. Just tell them you don't want to sink it at their dock. Jet skiers are only allowed to go from point A to point B. They are stricktly watched by the sheriffs and are restricted to the designated "PWC" area's. It's a great lake to boat on, lots of beaches, good burger stands ( Millers Landing and The Forks). You can always borrow some mufflers if you realy want to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts