Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first post on here so i hope to get some good feedback! how do you guys keep the basset twisty looking shiny chrome throughout the whole season?

·
Registered
950 Posts
this is my first post on here so i hope to get some good feedback! how do you guys keep the basset twisty looking shiny chrome throughout the whole season?
by running water through them :D
Also keep the water spots off them and dont let people touch them. We usually use windex to get the water spots off the headers

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Keep them out of the water spray, and don't run your motor too lean, or you will blue them.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Spend a couple extra bucks and have them Ceramic coated by Embee! and be done with the chrome thing!
Todd

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes sir i run water through them haha. already discolored them last season just was wondering how to prevent it this season

·
Registered
950 Posts
yes sir i run water through them haha. already discolored them last season just was wondering how to prevent it this season
i personally would do the nickle plate coating those things look sick all day long.
We got chrome bassett straight pipes and they are still chrome, we just keep em real clean. We focked them up one time cause we didnt have water goin to them for some reason and they turned brown and blue but we got this sheet called blue job at this harley davision shop and it took it all off :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
bought rewarder headers,and had them ceramic coated.then ran water thru,then said,what the heck,stoped using water.a little mothers,wella!:)devil

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

Hang them on the garage wall and buy some thrashers LOL...

Lemon Pledge...Just sayin'

GT :)hand (Not Gary Taylor :mad:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts