Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my engine set in and got my drive line angle right I. I went to put my new to me basset ot headers on well they hit the back of the boat has anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Sounds like you need to go with a thru transom setup..

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,078 Posts
I just got my engine set in and got my drive line angle right I. I went to put my new to me basset ot headers on well they hit the back of the boat has anyone had this problem?
Are they twisties ? or is the transom on your boat higher than most?

S CP

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
What Hull, what engine and what style headers did you order ? for example most mini cruisers and full grown day cruisers have too much transom height for standard headers Tom

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There not twisties Its a.tx20 kustom kraft with a 468bbc im not really sure what basset headers they are they have the bells on em this boat has had ot headers on it before I got it

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
There not twisties Its a.tx20 kustom kraft with a 468bbc im not really sure what basset headers they are they have the bells on em this boat has had ot headers on it before I got it
Take a measurment from the underside of the header to the last header bolt hole , very likley as Todd said that you may have gotten V-drive headers Tom

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok is there a way I can bend em with out messing em up I filled in the threw transom holes so im stuck with ot headers I can bolt em up but there toutching the fiberglass how much space should there between the headers and the boat thanks for all your help

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok is there a way I can bend em with out messing em up I filled in the threw transom holes so im stuck with ot headers I can bolt em up but there toutching the fiberglass how much space should there between the headers and the boat thanks for all your help

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
Bending them isn't the best idea. I'd say try and sell them and get some for a jetboat. I agree that they sound like vdrive headers. Pics are worth a thousand words too. I'm not sure how you'd be able to bend them correctly and not have them messed up pretty badly. Not sure exactly what the min. amount of clearance should be, but the further away the better for sure.

·
Registered
829 Posts
i had a boat that had about 6" of clearance from the header to the transom and i didnt burn the gel or paint. the splashguard was about 1/2" from the headers and i didnt have any issues with that either. how many inches of space do you have?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts