Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Bassett headers on my Sanger Flat Bottom. I was thinking of cutting the bell off at the end what do you guys think about that. I need to get them ceramic coated so I wanted to do that before I take them in? Also anyone have any extra baffles they wanna sell I need a pair.

Thanks

Jason

·
Coors Light Tour - 2010
341 Posts
I have Bassett headers on my Sanger Flat Bottom. I was thinking of cutting the bell off at the end what do you guys think about that. I need to get them ceramic coated so I wanted to do that before I take them in? Also anyone have any extra baffles they wanna sell I need a pair.

Thanks

Jason
Are they jet boat or v-drive headers? If they are jet boat headers maybe you might just be better off selling them to a jet boat guy, and buying some V-drive headers. There's 1-1/2 cents right there...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty sure they are V-Drive headers. Jet boat headers usually are a little lower right?

·
Short and stout
230 Posts
I am pretty sure they are V-Drive headers. Jet boat headers usually are a little lower right?
I'm pretty sure that jet boat headers when on a v drive will sweep up a lot more vs v drive headers are bent down a little more due to eng. mounting.

·
Registered
20,029 Posts
i cut all my bassetts down ..if it has a bell end cut those suckers to shortys just leave enough room for those silencers.....i have a set of bassetts so short i had to cut the silencers in 1/2 worked just fine and looks bitchen.;)

·
Distinguished Member
5,788 Posts
i cut all my bassetts down ..if it has a bell end cut those suckers to shortys just leave enough room for those silencers.....i have a set of bassetts so short i had to cut the silencers in 1/2 worked just fine and looks bitchen.;)
Exactly!

Going to use a big pipe cutter and cut right by the end of the bell
Pipe cutter works great. Nice and straight. Sometimes it rolls the edge a bit but easy to clean up.

·
Son Of A Has Been Member
356 Posts

Thanks

Jason
Bassett started putting bells on them, so that they could sell new headers (IE new better design) same thing with the twisted ones.............:D

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cut them last night they look way better I dropped them off at our ceramic coater's today at lunch so I will post up some pics when I get them back in a few days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts