Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
gets 'em wet
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had water coming out of the headers at idle yesterday, water pouring out of the weep holes, etc. Figured the spring broke, so I took it apart to replace it and turns out the spring and ball were OK. The T valve is pretty old and is pretty corroded on the inside. Question is can the T valve fail like this with extensive corrosion or crap in the valve or is something else likely going on here.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Had water coming out of the headers at idle yesterday, water pouring out of the weep holes, etc. Figured the spring broke, so I took it apart to replace it and turns out the spring and ball were OK. The T valve is pretty old and is pretty corroded on the inside. Question is can the T valve fail like this with extensive corrosion or crap in the valve or is something else likely going on here.

My old one crapped out, it was very corroded.

Make sure your' water dump from engine is open. If all the exit water is going through the T it will overload it?

·
Done....
990 Posts
I'm selling a brand new t-valve in the parts spam for $50 firm, buyers pay shipping. That is, if you need one. Let me know.:)hand

·
gets 'em wet
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm selling a brand new t-valve in the parts spam for $50 firm, buyers pay shipping. That is, if you need one. Let me know.:)hand
Thanks for the offer. Luckily, I had an extra one myself that a week ago I thought was good for nothin'.:D

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
If it is made of more than one kind of metal, it WILL corrode, but only when wet.
Galvanic corrosion.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
They are nothing more the check valves. If the seat the ball seats against is corroded the valve will leak.

·
gets 'em wet
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well guys, no surprise here, but changing out the T-valve solved the problem. Took it out today and plumbing is fine. :) Thanks for all of your posts guys.

·
Jet boat service
126 Posts
I sell the Bassett T valve only , because it is All stainless. The aluminum versions corrode much quicker and cause problems. The Bassett valve is more expensive, but worth it. Jim :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts