Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I read that they are havin Drags and GP hydros.....
LODBRA 1/4 mile (all the heavy hitters) at the drag area and the Unlimited Hydros on the big circle course around Ski Island. I don't know if they are running the GP or UL boats or not. I just know there will not even be a short course set up for any of the small boats to run (SST45/120, Cracker, SS/PS, KRR). I'm still going, as both the drags and UH boats put on a hell of a show, but I'm missing not being able to race the short course that they normally run in conjunction with the long course races.

·
3,246 Posts
LODBRA 1/4 mile (all the heavy hitters) at the drag area and the Unlimited Hydros on the big circle course around Ski Island. I don't know if they are running the GP or UL boats or not. I just know there will not even be a short course set up for any of the small boats to run (SST45/120, Cracker, SS/PS, KRR). I'm still going, as both the drags and UH boats put on a hell of a show, but I'm missing not being able to race the short course that they normally run in conjunction with the long course races.
CBRA Crackerboxs will be there in full force. Stop by our pit, the cooler is always full of beer

Andrew P550

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
CBRA Crackerboxs will be there in full force. Stop by our pit, the cooler is always full of beer

Andrew P550

Andrew what area are they pitting you guys in? I heard the ski beach area that circles historically have pitted in will be just parking. Information is a bit vague on the whole event.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
sept. 17-19. historically, the drags have always been an invitational type deal, maximum of 8 boats per class. this was due to time constraints. we only got enough clean water time to get in 3 rounds on sunday. this year, we've been told it's a "normal" national event, meaning no limit on class size (other than the top 3 categories).

·
3,246 Posts
Andrew what area are they pitting you guys in? I heard the ski beach area that circles historically have pitted in will be just parking. Information is a bit vague on the whole event.
I am not sure Mike. When I get the word, I will let you know bud

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So no body knows if the Wolfe's will be running ?

Bayfair to Showcase 27 Bands on Air National Guard Stage PDF | Print | E-mail
Catch the music stars of tomorrow and some of San Diego’s favorite bands on the Air National Guard stage Friday through Sunday during the 47[SUP]th[/SUP] annual Air National Guard San Diego Bayfair on Mission Bay.
More than 25 bands will be performing live and whether you like rock, hip-hop or reggae music, chances are there is a band playing that fits your taste. Each band will play a 45-minute set, showcasing their best songs in front of thousands of boating-racing fans.
Dave Rodger of Live Entertainment put out a call to Southern California bands looking to perform at Air National Guard San Diego Bayfair. Not only did he bring in some up-and-comers but musical artists that could be household names in the next two years.

Bayfair Staff Moves to Mission Bay Race Site PDF | Print | E-mail
The Air National Guard San Diego Bayfair staff has moved to the race site to get ready for this weekend’s boat races and family fun festival.
If you are inquiring about RV rental space or advance ticket sales, you may either visit the race site to answer questions or please email us. We are unavailable by telephone as we get the site prepared for the start of racing on Friday morning.
We appreciate you being a part of the 47[SUP]th[/SUP] annual San Diego Bayfair. Please direct inquiries here This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .
Active Military and Reservists Receive Free Admission PDF | Print | E-mail
Active military and reservists will get in free to this weekend’s San Diego Bayfair to watch world-class racing and be a part of the region’s largest annual family beach festival thanks to a partnership with the Air National Guard.
This is the second year Bayfair has provided free admission to America’s military as a way to thank the servicemen and women for their dedication. San Diego Bayfair starts Friday in Mission Bay Park and goes through Sunday.
“We want to thank our service members for the sacrifice they make every day to protect our freedoms,” said Jeff Thomas, chairman of San Diego Bayfair’s Board of Governors. “With the 10-year anniversary of 9/11 this past weekend, we are especially reminded of the sacrifices they have made.”
Read more...
Air National Guard Series Set For San Diego Bayfair PDF | Print | E-mail
Nineteen years ago Dave Villwock drove an unlimited hydroplane in competition for the first time on Mission Bay in San Diego and won his first race. When he takes to the racecourse on Friday to qualify the 96 Spirit of Qatar, he’ll return as the Air National Guard Hydroplane Series’ all-time winningest driver.
Villwock heads into the Air National Guard’s San Diego Bayfair leading the national high points championship and seeking his third race win of the season as the series wraps up its North America season. The 10 boats appearing in San Diego will travel to Doha, Qatar, in November for the world championships.
The driver from Auburn, Wash., is seeking his ninth win on the 2.5-mile oval saltwater Mission Bay course and considers San Diego one of his favorite places to race.
“It’s a course that pays the technician if you pay attention to the boat ride and look for speed,” Villwock said. “Lots of guys will say you can’t win from the outside (lanes). If you look at my wins there, most of them have come from the outside.”
Seven National Race Tours Ready for San Diego Bayfair PDF | Print | E-mail
Seven national powerboat racing tours, featuring the world’s fastest boats compete on the waters of San Diego’s Mission Bay, September 16-18, as headliner of the region’s largest annual family beach festival and sports competition.
This year marks the first time in three years the Air National Guard Hydroplane Series and the Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series have run together on Mission Bay. They are joined by the automotive-powered Grand Prix West Hydroplanes and offshore series newcomer P1 USA, among others during the three-day weekend.
“The Unlimited hydroplanes and the drag boats are truly fan favorites,” said Jeff Thomas, chairman of San Diego Bayfair’s Board of Directors. “This is the only race site in the country you can experience both tours on the same body water, same weekend. If you love jet engines or the roar of the pistons and the sheer speed of seeing the fastest race craft with no wheels, Bayfair is the place to be in September.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts