Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
burnt mexican incorprated
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any results on what is going on today ???

·
Owner/Crew Chief
443 Posts
Go to the 'Drag Boat Racing' Site ........ all the QUALIFYING INFORMATION is there in the RACE RESULTS Section.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Decent weather ,Good Times! Two Nasty Wrecks in (No serious injuries) I'll get more pics and info up later Tom

Thanks Cy for the hospitality

Any time Tom, It was great meeting you and Rhonda.

Mirror image, Results are in you did not show up. COme tomorrow and the pairing tree should get you up to speed before the first round. Commondown holmes.:)sphss

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
The results are in... it's a cluster****! Every year the drags get to be worse and worse there... the water is shit... the waiting on the holding rope for over 2 hours is bullshit... the donkey show getting boats in and out of the water is laughable only if you were stoned... otherwise it's enough to piss you off for the rest of the weekend. The turn out was pathetic in vendors, boats, and spectators. I, for one, will not waste the time and effort to go to that race again as long as IHBA is running it. When I broke my fuel pump belt on the first pass of the day... (at 2:15 in the afternoon!) I didn't even bother sending Jade home to get my spare fuel pump belt and try to run again... just loaded up and said the hell with it... guarenteed better luck in October at bako.

It's a longer drive (vs 15 minutes from my front door) but hell with it... bako is a waaay better deal for racers than IHBA at San Diego ever has or will be... period.

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
The results are in... it's a cluster****! Every year the drags get to be worse and worse there... the water is shit... the waiting on the holding rope for over 2 hours is bullshit... the donkey show getting boats in and out of the water is laughable only if you were stoned... otherwise it's enough to piss you off for the rest of the weekend. The turn out was pathetic in vendors, boats, and spectators. I, for one, will not waste the time and effort to go to that race again as long as IHBA is running it. When I broke my fuel pump belt on the first pass of the day... (at 2:15 in the afternoon!) I didn't even bother sending Jade home to get my spare fuel pump belt and try to run again... just loaded up and said the hell with it... guarenteed better luck in October at bako.

It's a longer drive (vs 15 minutes from my front door) but hell with it... bako is a waaay better deal for racers than IHBA at San Diego ever has or will be... period.
:):(- tell us how you really feel I'm listening

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts

That sucks Bostick. See you in October, things will be awesome at Ming, October is always the best event IMO.

·
burnt mexican incorprated
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

wow that sucks ass !!! 2 hours on the rope thats f-ing stupid .. i heard that the spectator tickets went up again ... tell jade happy birthday ... well i do miss going to the races but if that kinda stuff goes on , theres no point going !

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
wow that sucks ass !!! 2 hours on the rope thats f-ing stupid .. i heard that the spectator tickets went up again ... tell jade happy birthday ... well i do miss going to the races but if that kinda stuff goes on , theres no point going !
2 hours on the rope isn't really the issue... that happens everywhere.

i just want to thank eliminator1 (jeremy) for his help this weekend. it was greatly appreciated.

there is no question that the degree of difficulty, and patience required to run at this event is high. there are no in/out ramps, so getting in and out has always been difficult, especially ever since the navy quit letting the seabees participate. tre and cy worked hard all weekend, as did a number of others, to get the program completed on time, which it was.

·
Registered
417 Posts

i just want to thank eliminator1 (jeremy) for his help this weekend. it was greatly appreciated.

there is no question that the degree of difficulty, and patience required to run at this event is high. there are no in/out ramps, so getting in and out has always been difficult, especially ever since the navy quit letting the seabees participate. tre and cy worked hard all weekend, as did a number of others, to get the program completed on time, which it was.
Hey guy, you missed a little on your lower lip...get off chuck's nuts. The guy heared it was a piss poor event. Lack of boats, vendors and participants left something to be desired. C'mon guy was it really that good. The guy thinks not

The Guy

·
Registered
417 Posts
river racer

Hey guy, there was a new boat that ran Hard in rr class. The guy runs a rad sticker on the pump. The guy heared Houghprock put a rad tune up (300 shot) in this boat that propelled him to the 2nd round. Great job Houghwoski for setting up the boat and picking the correct dial in on this beast to take home the 22$ side pot that all the piles bet b4 the run. The guy was impressed. Look forward to this guy running hard at the power tour and trailering fools.

The Guy

·
Precision Craft Marine
1,563 Posts

What is sad is look at how many people are getting hurt, running in the bay. I hated racing at that track. Its a beautiful place, but it sucks for the racer. Look at how many incidents thathave happened, from crashes to sinking boats. The only reason they put on that race is to collect the RV site money. (huge dollars) The two worst places I have ever raced was Marble Falls and SanDiego, when it comes to water conditions. Now that the IHBA has lost so many capsule boats this year, It may be time to re-think the safety aspect of some of these tracks.

·
It's a sickness
1,354 Posts

sound's like it went bad for you, from my seat in the boat was not bad @ all. Actually one pass i didnt even make it to the rope on time to make the pass they were sending people pretty fast down the track. I for one will go every year. Also it was a huge turn out for spectators, venders could havebeen better but it was great!!!!!!:)devil

·
It's a sickness
1,354 Posts

No prob. Bob anytime, it was a good time talking with you, maybe we can go over more boat stuff @ the finals good job on the win, not like it's new to you. Not alot of people see that you put a huge effort to make it happen and that's what it take's, Ill see you @ the finals. :)devil

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I will say that the event went a lot better this year without the unlimiteds messing up the water. The boat count was noticibly low but the show was actually good because they were able to get through everyone each day. The nearly back to back capsule crashes this weekend was unfortunate and from what I saw the accidents were not caused by wakes. I do hope that both drivers are on the road to recovery and are hopefully home by now. Thank you for the props Bob but launching boats and watering ramps is barely scratching the surface of what goes on at that race to make it happen. Tre has a new found respect for those helping on the ramps now from being on the other side of the coin. John and Cathy have nearly killed themselves (Litterally) in past years making this event happen and it is a great spectator event and exposes more people to this sport than bako ever will.

Mirror Image, next year call me prior to the event and we can use your water truck driving expertise for good instead of evil. I help at this event for the DRIVERS. I could give a flying F#@K about Charlie making money. I volunteer to protect teams equipment and make sure drivers are able to enter and exit the water in a timely mannor. The water conditions I have no control over unfortunately. I hoe that Bayfair will continue for the benifit it has raising funds for childrens charities in san diego and for promting our sport.

Cy

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
What is sad is look at how many people are getting hurt, running in the bay. I hated racing at that track. Its a beautiful place, but it sucks for the racer. Look at how many incidents thathave happened, from crashes to sinking boats. The only reason they put on that race is to collect the RV site money. (huge dollars) The two worst places I have ever raced was Marble Falls and SanDiego, when it comes to water conditions. Now that the IHBA has lost so many capsule boats this year, It may be time to re-think the safety aspect of some of these tracks.
Gonna jump on a soapbox here and rant a bit...
An event can easily be put on in San Diego and not have any of the issues as has been in the past... but NOT at the current site of Crown Point. A much better site would be the site that was built for drag boat racing and intended for that use back when the Mission Bay project was done back in the 60's... east of Sea World there is a channel that is about a mile long... straight and protected from wind and waves as it is in the back corner of the bay. Huge launch ramp and parking facility... and plenty of area for spectators either from the south side... or from the north side (south side of Fiesta Island). I know this to be a great place to run as I used to use this channel for testing (before getting run off by the cops for speeding in a 5mph zone) even in the early or late winter times. But as long as any sort of drag boat racing is playing 3rd to another event... it won't happen here... and it will be a miserable time trying to hold a successful (for racers and spectators) drag boat racing event in San Diego. As many tweaks and adjustments that were needed after the first Elsinore race to make it work... (which to me was really quite good considering it was a new(ish) venue and horrible weather) it was twice as organized and way better run than San Diego has been for the last few years... not knocking the folks that try to put the event on... just you cannot expect to put on several events on at the same time and expect all to work out... someone is gonna get the shaft... and the someone(s) are the drag boat racers and spectators.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Joe...The water conditions were pretty good when the 2 crashes happened.I agree that the boats should not be allowed to run in bad water no matter where it is.I have seen over the years,several crashes at Lake Ming that were due to bad water and wind.Jim Benson's sticks out as one of the worst.I was not going to run my jet boat in those conditions.They called the race after Jim's crash. Ron

·
Precision Craft Marine
1,563 Posts
Pitts, We are way ahead of that these days. Our Rescue boats have wind meters on them, and I believe we still shut down with anything over 8 mph.
The difference is the radio comunications. I have heard the top man with the IHBA say, run the boats, and dont worry about the water, after his starter has recomended not to.That is why they are in the position that they are in. There is no comparison between the IHBA and the NJBA when it comes to safety. And we will keep striding to be the best.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Joe,

I am glad to hear that. I believe a racing organization should be about protecting the racers first, then about spectators, then proffit. Unfortunately I have heard some statements such as " as long as one boat goes down the track I get my money and we can go home" that des not sit well with me. I hope to see some more Elsinore events and there is also an option for more racing in SD bay near one of the hotels where the bay was designed for drag boat racing. Gary Davis knows the specifics and it may be worth looking into.

Cy

·
It's a sickness
1,354 Posts
hmmmmmm, how many division's does njba have, is there tfh in njba also last i heard there was a tah that went down @ ming just saying, :)bulbheard it was from conditions. also i dont think that njba has anyone backing them like lucas oils. I just dont see any comparison!!!!!:D, ihba is not as bad as you say it is. I for one think ihba is pretty organized for all the races thay have to do every year.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts