Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
3999289....454.......71-79...2 Bolt main this was going to be my block for my rebuild, but something came up. Has been bored .040 needs to be honed i have the cam bearings and brass freeze plugs to go with.......

$200

2sav

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes the main caps go with. "not pictured" sorry

The cylinders have very light rust in them from sitting, i sprayed some oil and thats what you see all puddled up in there..
2sav

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
2sav, if you find someone out in the socal area who wants it, I will be heading up your way at the end of the month and would be willing to ship it for your buyer. Just lemmie know homie.

~Brian

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2sav, if you find someone out in the socal area who wants it, I will be heading up your way at the end of the month and would be willing to ship it for your buyer. Just lemmie know homie.

~Brian

Yeah, i might need to get this block to obnoxious001 But im not sure what part of Cali he is in.....

Thanks Lucky, thats really cool of you.
2sav:)devil

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
how'de you get it so clean ?
The block has most likely been run through a thermal cleaner. First, the block is heated to ?? degrees (hot enough to turn the oil and water, crud, etc) to ash. It cools, then goes in to a shot peener. The block is in a rotary table if you will, and paddle wheels below throw the very small steel shot onto the block. This removes all the ash, and gives it that sweet..new look. After that, the block goes into a barrel, on an eccentreic, lined with rubber, and is roated to get the shot back out of the galleys, water jacket, etc. It is very epa friendly (no waste oil, water to get rid of). Looks great. When propery done, no issues with steel shot going through a new engine.
Wags

1 - 17 of 17 Posts