Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm having one hell of a time finding the right bracket for my alternator. Even the speed shops in NorCal Bay Area are clueless. My cast aluminum one snapped in half. Wanted to have my boat in the water by Friday morning. Need some direction/help.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
You would be lucky to find one of those new on a shelf somewhere. Most of this stuff was cast back in the jetboat heydays and no longer in production.
Closest you are likely to find is this--->Big Block & Small Block Chevy Block Mount Alternator Bracket - CP Performance

An alternative would be to change to some more modern set up.

A possible long shot would be a guy out in Oakley/Brentwood who advertises in "boat parts" on the SF Bay Area Craigslist.

Edit: Just checked Craigslist and he doesn't have an ad up at this time. There is a guy in Rocklin who has a bunch of jet boat stuff. Might try him.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Clean easy and adjustable can be used in front of engine or in the back left side or right side all parts were about 20 bucks another 20 in powder coating

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
alt mount

Hey Leadslinger I really like you set up where did the PTO/driveline pulley come from?
Thanks Darrell

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hey Leadslinger I really like you set up where did the PTO/driveline pulley come from?
Thanks Darrell
My machinist down the street made it, super easy it's dead center no chance of throwing a belt I think I have the pulley the right size

·
Registered
443 Posts
View attachment 1023669
I used this bracket from March Performance. Because it mounts in front/over my engine mount bracket (made from 1/2" alum. in my case) and not directly to the block, I had to get a 1/2" spacer between the pulley and harmonic balancer, but otherwise, fit like a glove!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the ideas guys. I went ahead and made one at work on Thursday. Up against the deadline wall. Lol. Made it out on the lake Friday and treated my 4 nephews had a blast. Their first time behind a boat. 5 hours and 42 gallons later the stories will last forever.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good looking setup az mike. I tried a similar bracket there but my exhaust log was in the way. Didn't want to move the crank pulley out. But thought about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts