·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Baffled zoomies?

Not only "why?", but "how?"

·
Registered
333 Posts
Did you mean mufflers... Jim at rewarder can help you out.

WHY???

Because the Law doesnt like open exhaust around here...

You plan on running zoomies on your new ride?

There was one or two pairs somewhere in the spam section.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Did you mean mufflers... Jim at rewarder can help you out.

WHY???

Because the Law doesnt like open exhaust around here...
Yup, they are really cracking down here as well and just closed the only lake nearby to exhaust that is above the water and they've been complaining about the offshore boats in the salt. I think the muffler'd zoomies show you're at least trying.

Good luck with your search

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
BAE 557 Has a few 2 1/4" baffels for Zumies. I picked up a set from him last summer. They don't muffle much of the sound but it looks like your trying.

Rewarder was out last summer and needed a good size order to get more started. He may have the Smaller inserts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeah when I talked to Jim last summer he was waiting on material to come in but he did manage to find enough scrap to make me one. He was a class act, took my name and info and I received within a week (east coast). That being said I have never met the man and only briefly talked to him on the phone.

Running zoomies with mufflers doesnt help but so much, but with the water injection and mufflers thats all I can do to try and be legal.... or look like it!

That being said I could use another 2 1/2 muffler for my zoomies...

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts

·
not ******
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys, yea just throwing options around, always kinda liked the looks of them, i guess i would just be a poser with them and no blower though.....

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Might want to check with Wideopen. He had a set on the Youngblood. They did make a difference at idle on that blower motor. If you're running water through them, it makes a hell of a mess of everything behind you.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Might want to check with Wideopen. He had a set on the Youngblood. They did make a difference at idle on that blower motor. If you're running water through them, it makes a hell of a mess of everything behind you.
This is true, but it wasnt that bad IMHO. I tell you its easier to adjust the vavles and alot less chrome to clean with the zoomies.

Wideopen (Tim) only had the 2 1/4 if I remember correctly.

I was thinkn about switchn back to my twisties... but its still up in the air :)bulb

·
Co-Founder of SHB
534 Posts
I'd always heard that zoomies on a non-blown deal will hurt performance? Not sure how significantly.

Can anybody "in the know" elaborate?
Dan you hit the nail on the head ,Charlie you will be pissing in the wind brother..
sorry but stick with what you got,you'll be happy,see ya

Markist

1 - 20 of 20 Posts