Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The member
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BBC motor for sale, This motor has about 16 1/4 mile passes on it and about
4 hrs of lake/river use. The motor runs great and has good compression in all cylinders, oil looks good as well. I did not dyno the motor, in my hondo runner bottom ran a 8.90 at 115 mph at ming fling. Specs as I remember I will have more exact numbers when I can find the paper work. All machine work was done at bailey brothers and the motor was assembled by precision craft marine. All internally balanced.

* Iron block 90 over? 482'' or 488'' can't remember ( sorry) 8.2 to 1 comp
* Iron Merlin World products grumpy jenkins heads
* BME crank
* Manley steel H beam rods.
* J&E pistons.
* Comp cam solid roller ( specs to buyer)
* Comp roller lifters
* Comp push rods
* Crane gold roller rockers
* Comp stud girdle
* Triple springs.
* Fresh 6-71 bower just gone through by the blower shop( new rotors striped)
* Super chiller intercooler
* Two new 1150 dominator carbs
* Msd pro billet distributor
* Weiand intake manifold

This motor is complete from carbs to pan, does not include scoop,headers or water pump pictured.

Asking $8,500 obo PM me with any questions. Raymond

Attachments

·
Precision Craft Marine
1,563 Posts
This engine that Ray had us build is a really good running, and reliable lake/race motor. He has alot of money in it, and it runs good with a conservative tune up. This is a screaming deal for a bolt in and run fast. Also, this engine was always maintained after each run, and has never had anything but c-16 fuel in it. It leaks down perfect.

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
what year block ?

·
Precision Craft Marine
1,563 Posts
I can not remember the numbers on the block, but they are still there. The pistons are .080 over, and they are a custom blower piston, with rings and wrist pins to match. I believe the block is an early, 70 block. It was sonic checked by Baily Bros. It was supposed to be minimum, .119 and thicker at the cylinders. This engine has been run conservative @ no more than 14 lbs of boost, and has never seen anything but good fuel. Before Ray bought it from us, it was in my Personal day cruiser. It does not have any sleeves, and has never been broken. Raymond has been very concience about taking care of it.

·
Just Me
4,066 Posts
Mr. Sheflo said .080 over which makes it a 471. Sounds like a sweet engine and definitely a great deal. I'd be afraid to think what it would cost to ship something like that and even worse how bad they could hurt it in transit. GLWTS

·
Steady Rollin
1,131 Posts
This is also a 12year old post..... just saying

·
Village Idiot
3,499 Posts
Mr. Sheflo said .080 over which makes it a 471. Sounds like a sweet engine and definitely a great deal. I'd be afraid to think what it would cost to ship something like that and even worse how bad they could hurt it in transit. GLWTS
Since this thread is old and dead I will share that I just shipped an all iron bbc for right around $350. I put it on a cheap engine cradle and bolted the cradle to the pallet and built a cheap plywood box around it. Shipped perfectly. It was shipping depot to depot so the receiver had to get it from the depot, but saved some serious coin.

paul

·
Just Me
4,066 Posts
Thanks for the info. Guess I didn't pay attention to the other posts just the last one. Glad I didn't know how cheap one could be shipped and get my hopes up. I have an .080 over engine and people tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when I tell them.

·
Village Idiot
3,499 Posts
Thanks for the info. Guess I didn't pay attention to the other posts just the last one. Glad I didn't know how cheap one could be shipped and get my hopes up. I have an .080 over engine and people tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when I tell them.
You can have any overbore. I have ordered pistons .005 over from the previous set. There have been a number of over bores made as shelf pistons and you can get just about anything you want as a custom. So it does not sound odd to me.

paul

1 - 19 of 19 Posts