Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a BBC 468ci engine in my 21' Eliminator Sport Cruiser, running, in perfect condition ... nothing wazoo, but has cam, intake, 850 carb, jet boat pan, roller rockers, etc etc etc ... pushes my heavy ass cruiser to 68mph. Runs on 91 octane. Selling it to go bigger.

I will sell complete, running, take out after I take you for a ride to make sure you like it & do compression/leakdown/whatever. (less headers/bell housing/flywheel/button).

Let's start the offers ... and no, low balls will not be accepted ... this is a serious thread. I know what it's worth in reality, just putting it out there to the community as a deal, I've been the guy trying to start from scratch before and know what it takes to piece together a complete BBC.

PM me if interesetd.

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok ... I've got a lot of texts and PM's ...

Here's the deal. It's a completely turn key engine, fresh, reliable (as in I'm stupid for putting a high HP race engine in my boat instead of keeping this kind of reliability stupid), carb to pan, drop it in and you're ready to go package. 91 octane, runs all weekend in my boat at 5000 rpm's on 30 gallons.

No I will not take $600-$800 ... I am in the $2500 range to be honest. I know what it costs to build an engine ... and this was being offered out here to help out fellow boaters to get their ride on the water hopefully by next spring. I don't need to sell it ... can use it as a back up engine if it doesn't sell. Thanks to those who have contacted me, but I am not desperate to sell it and it isn't a pile.

Turn key, zero issues. Like I said, I will take buyer out for a morning ride in the boat & perform compression test & leak down with them present. Don't know how to offer a better sales approach.

Brian
949-870-5773 cell

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Brian - Was this the same boat (motor) you were testing at our last elsinore race? if so it seem to move that beast allot better than my buddies beast does... Hope the sale goes well for you! I know my buddy just finished a 468 and he has $7500.00 into it and it hasnt even made a noise yet which like all of us know probably means another $500.00 to $1000.00 before it screams and your deal is dialed in already... Good luck & BTW thanks for the new contact for my fuel services... Tom

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brian - Was this the same boat (motor) you were testing at our last elsinore race? if so it seem to move that beast allot better than my buddies beast does... Hope the sale goes well for you! I know my buddy just finished a 468 and he has $7500.00 into it and it hasnt even made a noise yet which like all of us know probably means another $500.00 to $1000.00 before it screams and your deal is dialed in already... Good luck & BTW thanks for the new contact for my fuel services... Tom
Yes sir it is ... we were dialing in the new carb.

There are a couple of guys pretty interested. Whoever gets this engine is getting quite a deal. Thanks for the props.

And as far as the fuel contact, no problem ... that's what I get paid for! :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Engine was turn key all summer and i know of 3 times he changed oil over the last 6 months. Now if you could just keep rocks out of that jet pump deal you would be gooood :happy:

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zip it Scotty ... I'm adding HP so when we hit the sandbars, we'll be going much faster and will clear the other side! lol

·
Boat 502
1,298 Posts
You hit sandbars, and I take out donkeys :shock: !!! Hahaha!

Good reliable motor for sure! Some fun days on the water....

·
Registered
892 Posts
Thanks Busby. Thanks for everything and all the help. I owe you and your buddies some beer at the sand bar next time for all of theor help as well. Good luck to you guys on the 14th-17th.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts