Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems I never find it when I need them, looking for the front and back measurements for STD. deck BBC. I'm gearing up for new motor plates, I sold off my old set-up, figuring these were easy to come by.

·
Renegade jet
472 Posts
What dimensions exactly are you lookin for? Height, width, bolt location etc? I have plates in my cheyenne and could give you some #'s if I knew what you were lookin for.

·
steelcomp was here
26,526 Posts
Good numbers there. Dowel dimensions are .6185-.6200 dia. I make my plates to register off the dowels, so all my dimensions reference from there. That way the bolts aren't really doing anything but clamping, and the dowels are in shear and taking the load. I know lots of guys just take the dowels out completely and let the bolts do the work, and that's fine for some folks, but it's really not the "right" way to do it.
Just my .02

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Racer X....this is very close to what I'm looking for, I know there is one out there that has all the dimensions, and hole sizes. I just can't seem to find it. Thanks for the input guys

·
steelcomp was here
26,526 Posts
Sleek...what more do you need? Holes can be drilled 13/32", and all the dimensions are there. Everything on this dwg is referenced off crank C/L. I'll scan the dwg I have...maybe it'll be a little easier to follow.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sleek...what more do you need? Holes can be drilled 13/32", and all the dimensions are there. Everything on this dwg is referenced off crank C/L. I'll scan the dwg I have...maybe it'll be a little easier to follow.

The one I recall seeing online, had all the dimensions of the engine, front and back. I want to build a one piece front plate.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
The one I recall seeing online, had all the dimensions of the engine, front and back. I want to build a one piece front plate.
That is a one piece front plate, isn't it?

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a one piece front plate, isn't it?
Let me type slow for you HJ...I'm looking for the engine block diagram, with all the dimensions. I'm looking to do a little more than just wack some aluminum off and bolt it on my boat.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
BINGO! Now that is what I was looking for:)devil Thank you Heetseeker

Actually, you should thank "Chevy Power" as that is the book those were originally sourced from. (Ask me how I know ;) ). You will note that they did a very poor job of identifying the locations of the 4 mounting holes on the front face of the block. I think Superdave said he had CAD drawings that included those points.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts