Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building a Gen5 Block with Mk4 Crank and going to use a one to two piece sael kit , theres quite few out there anyone had any real life expirience with any of the kits , recommendations ? Thanks Tom

·
Some guy
3,616 Posts
Building a Gen5 Block with Mk4 Crank and going to use a one to two piece sael kit , theres quite few out there anyone had any real life expirience with any of the kits , recommendations ? Thanks Tom
I did a number of them in the early 90's at GT Performance when they first came out,, never heard of problems. Think that was the only way to put a stroker crank in a Gen 5 block at first.

Now days,, with all the cranks available,, it would probably cost less to use the 1 pc style crank unless you had one for a 2 pc seal sitting around that you wanted to get rid of.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now days,, with all the cranks available,, it would probably cost less to use the 1 pc style crank unless you had one for a 2 pc seal sitting around that you wanted to get rid of.
Barry The big differernce I suppose is when you have a perfect steel double keyed Mk4 american made crank ;)

Also Thanks Chuck I'll rock one ! what brand?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts