Herbert cam

[email protected]
570/570 lift 112 l/c

They have no other info on the cam. Told me to install it dot to dot lol
solid or hyd roller he said.
set lash at .018-.022 hot should be fine , he said

he told me there is no record of the event timing in the catalogue

he said it is their best selling hot rod jet boat cam rpm range from 2800-6800

I then ask for spring rates....he said 225 on the seat and 580-610 open if using solids.

He said he would like to see scorpion rocker arms used with this combo

Not that im using this cam for anything, it just happened to come out of an engine im doing for a friend and wanted to know what it was.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Their best selling jet boat cam, and he can't tell you the timing? :)sphss

Something to consider when you are in the market for a cam. Can't say I would be buying too many cams from somebody that told me dot to dot is good enough.
exactly

·
Village Idiot
3,506 Posts
I have used that cam before in a basic boat engine before. 4 degrees advanced worked pretty well. It works well enough and was cheap. I did not remember it being a 112 though. maybe I had ordered it tighter.

It is a shame you talked to whom ever you did. They have a few decent sales reps, and had one who REALLY knew his stuff. I always dealt with him as he had been on the other end of the performance market too. The design and testing side.
Paul

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I have used that cam before in a basic boat engine before. 4 degrees advanced worked pretty well. It works well enough and was cheap. I did not remember it being a 112 though. maybe I had ordered it tighter.

It is a shame you talked to whom ever you did. They have a few decent sales reps, and had one who REALLY knew his stuff. I always dealt with him as he had been on the other end of the performance market too. The design and testing side.
Paul
That was more than likely when Chet was alive, and you were dealing with the guys in Santa Ana. Doug's place just is not the same. Its too much like Summit and Jegs. Phone jockeys taking orders. Great place if you know what it is you want, not some much if you need tech help.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Village Idiot
3,506 Posts
That was more than likely when Chet was alive, and you were dealing with the guys in Santa Ana. Doug's place just is not the same. Its too much like Summit and Jegs. Phone jockeys taking orders. Great place if you know what it is you want, not some much if you need tech help.
It was at Doug's place. I had been dealing with Sonnie (Doug's wife at the time) and she told us that Ray was good with technical stuff. He gave us the same deals that she did and was a wealth of knowledge. I am afraid there are not that many guys around that know their stuff and want to have their time wasted by every moron like me that asks their opinion and then does the opposite.

Paul

·
Some guy
3,634 Posts
It was at Doug's place. I had been dealing with Sonnie (Doug's wife at the time) and she told us that Ray was good with technical stuff. He gave us the same deals that she did and was a wealth of knowledge. I am afraid there are not that many guys around that know their stuff and want to have their time wasted by every moron like me that asks their opinion and then does the opposite.

Paul
Ray was out here in Chino when they moved up there. I liked him and used to drive over there for parts.

When Doug pulled all of the Manley pushrods out of there I told Ray it looked like the beginning of the end for that shop, not to mention some of the other stuff they were no longer able to keep on the shelf in Chino.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts