Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
not ******
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to know what all is involved in swapping a BBC out and dropping a SBC in? can the rail kit be reused? drive line? is there a big difference in the physical size of the blocks?
the reason for this post is that i am toying with the idea of maybe building a mild small block to drop in for playing around every weekend (pump gas) then for certain events or big lake outtings/gatherings, drop the big motor back in it. would it be more in my favor to do this or just build a mild big block so i know everything will switch right over without making drastic changes. thanks for any input.

·
Registered
421 Posts
You would have to get a front motor plate for a small block and it would move back a couple of inches. The rear motor plate should be the same.

·
Registered
601 Posts
if thats what you really want to do then go to the junkyard and find an old BBC out of a truck or van or whatever. going to small block is gonna require headers, motor plate etc... if you stay with a big block it should all fit

·
not ******
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if thats what you really want to do then go to the junkyard and find an old BBC out of a truck or van or whatever. going to small block is gonna require headers, motor plate etc... if you stay with a big block it should all fit

Yea i think that would be the best thing to do, that way its just a matter of switching mota's. thanks, just wasnt sure how drastic it would be to go to a small block. well the hunt begins now for a BBC :)devil

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Yea i think that would be the best thing to do, that way its just a matter of switching mota's. thanks, just wasnt sure how drastic it would be to go to a small block. well the hunt begins now for a BBC :)devil
Its hard to go fast but, its harder to slow down! LOL! I got a stock 454 top to bottom and a stock block,crank,heads ETC. If interested! A little shiping though!

·
BTC cardcarrying member
1,075 Posts
BBC vs SBC

Charlie,I have thought long and hard about this,My conclusion is that you are WELLED UP WITH FEAR.:)st:)st:)st Check your PM.

·
not ******
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Charlie,I have thought long and hard about this,My conclusion is that you are WELLED UP WITH FEAR.:)st:)st:)st Check your PM.

hahaahaha just a little.....I am just starting to chringe at me going out every single weekend and burning that 110 is going to burn the chit out of my pocket.:)st id rather have a simple big block pump gas to go putt around the river with, then slap that power plant in there for the more serious weekend trips :)devil

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i just got a fresh 406 yesterday for a back-up for my bbc, if the bbc has any issues, i'll put it on the stand for the season , run the 406:)devil i've got a c-cut dominator i can run with it, won't be wicked quik, but i'd bet it'd stay with 80% of the jets around here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts