Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
You should call Paul Kane (LakesOnly) on the boards here or go to his site www.highflowdynimics.com You can do a lot with the DOVE-C heads. I'm sure he will recommend to upgrade your studs, rockers, springs and of course push rods. Go bigger on the valves also with port work to maximize adding more lift.

·
JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine
2,034 Posts
Hi, anyone have any idea what is the max lift at valve for a stock set of DOVE C heads?
What springs do you have and what retainers as well as what valves and pistons ? The stock rocker will take .600" lift, I am going to be using a set on my engine for the Parker 300 this season.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What springs do you have and what retainers as well as what valves and pistons ? The stock rocker will take .600" lift, I am going to be using a set on my engine for the Parker 300 this season.
I will match the springs, and retainers with the cam. They will be stock diameter, with what ever the cam specs out for. I don't if I will have to machine the top of the guides for a desent lift, under .600. I have a few hydronic flat tap. cams in mind to match my pump set up. Compression will be about 10 to 1, 10.5 to 1. Stock 8.8-9 to one pistons.

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Hi, anyone have any idea what is the max lift at valve for a stock set of DOVE C heads?
Bone stock D0VE-C heads and valve train, about 0.440" lift before you start mashing the OEM stem seals and risking retainer-to-guide clearance issues. After head mods and race setup, the sky's the limit.

LO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts