Performance Boats Forum banner

BBF Dizzy

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  gn7 
#1 ·
I am trying to find out what is good budget dizzy for BBF. I do not want to pay 300.00 - 400.00 for one from MSD.
This is going on the family boat and it is a stock 460. I do not want to run a box or points.
What are your suggestions?

#3 ·
1984 bbf 1 ton truck dizzy, they have a great mechanical advance and mag pickup in them, 60bucks reman from any parts store. i never buy msd dizzy's for bbf, always use that dizzy on stuff i build or help with. it'll have 3 wires coming outta it, the orange and purple hook right to a msd box:)bulb

#9 · (Edited)
I am trying to find out what is good budget dizzy for BBF. I do not want to pay 300.00 - 400.00 for one from MSD.
What are your suggestions?
The Ford Motor Company electronic distributor, known as the DuraSpark electronic ignition system. The magnetic pickup coil and reluctor in the FoMoCo dizzys are the EXACT same ones used by MSD in their distributors, which is why MSD shows in their instructions how to hook up their MSD box to a Ford DuraSpark dizzy or MSD dizzy to a Ford box.
  • Remanufactured DuraSpark from your parts store: $60
  • Recurve Kit: $12
  • DuraSpark box from the local yard: $20
The OEM distributors don't have shiit for advance curve, so the recurve kit is mandatory.

We have known these setups to provide stable spark well past 7000 rpm and to support 2000 hp blown alcohol engines. If you want a freshly remanufacured/recurved DuraSpark dizzy that is pre-tested and ready to drop into your engine, just PM me and let me know.

LO

#22 · (Edited)
hil:)hil:)l):ameReality Some can't be taught, and some just can't learn. But please, somebody, if i ever make a statement that stupid. Just shoot me! Tell you what Schiada 201, I am going to start sell ing these on E-bay. Thinking about calling them Clowers, or Browers. But I will sell you a set and you can name them anything you like. Doesn't make them one bit better to call them some else in a effort to fool the un-informed.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.