Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if anyone has a set of bbf to bbc header adpter plates for sale I found some new ones for 250 a pair buttif anybody had some laying around I would be interested thanks :D

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
....BBC to BBF header adapters. They have 7 passes on them. I bought these from (Evans Racing Engines - LO). $ 200.00
Call 719-395-6558 or 719-207-0517. Thanks Joe....
These are the best brand adaptors out there. This set is located in CO.

LO

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Charlie Evans makes nice adapters, the price may not still be so cheap though.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I just orderded a set from Charlie yesterday and they are $225. I've had Charlie port heads for me as well as use his adapter plates and i've been very happy to say the least.:)

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Could I get a phone number for Charlie? I need a set for a 1966 428 CJ, where is he located?
BBC headers to a 428? Don't think its gonna happen as the port spacing is way different than the spacing of the BBC/460 BBF. Oh...and there never was a 66 428 CJ.

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
I thought FURDS were oh so damn good:)bulb Why even use BBC headers???

Spitter, jussssss stirrin' tha pot;):D:p:D Its all love fellas;)

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
BBC headers to a 428? Don't think its gonna happen as the port spacing is way different than the spacing of the BBC/460 BBF. Oh...and there never was a 66 428 CJ.
The "Cobra Jet" valve covers don't count. Damn.....

I mentioned the bore spacing problem on his original thread in "Open Water".

Bore spacing is different and converting the high rectangle FE exhaust port to oval may prove to be problematic.

But then again, I may learn something new on this.

Edit: he might be better off buying a set of FE truck headers, flipping them over so the exhaust runs up and then seeing if a muffler shop or header Fab guy can "cut and paste" to a set of TT Chevy headers. It won't be easy,but neither will the adapter.

Sleeper CP :D

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I thought FURDS were oh so damn good:)bulb Why even use BBC headers???

Spitter, jussssss stirrin' tha pot;):D:p:D Its all love fellas;)
So the guys switching from Chevy to Ford power don't have to spend the bucks for a new exhaust system.:p;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts