Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an incident today. I'm not sure if I was in the wrong or right.
first of all I payed 10 bux just like everyone else to use the lake. 4 boats in my group mine was the fifth and last to head to sandy beach. Most of my friends were scattered on the beach. I pulled into a spot that was 2 boats wide but the wake boat dude & his friends told me I had to move cause there buddy would be back soon.

I said I'm here now and I'm not moving. When they get back We will make room for them.

I was approached by another boater and asked why I wanted to a start fight. I did get right up on the guy but never made a threat. I just said I'm here now and I'm not moving.

I had a great weekend even with this stuff happening. Even being towed back to the docks from sandy beach. lol.

What would you have done

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i don't see where you did anything wrong. lake's are for the most part, public access.

·
Banned
989 Posts
you definately did nothing wrong dude. i love the beach savers, i just drive right in :(:( :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
I had an incident today. I'm not sure if I was in the wrong or right.
first of all I payed 10 bux just like everyone else to use the lake. 4 boats in my group mine was the fifth and last to head to sandy beach. Most of my friends were scattered on the beach. I pulled into a spot that was 2 boats wide but the wake boat dude & his friends told me I had to move cause there buddy would be back soon.

I said I'm here now and I'm not moving. When they get back We will make room for them.

I was approached by another boater and asked why I wanted to a start fight. I did get right up on the guy but never made a threat. I just said I'm here now and I'm not moving.

its a public beach you did nothing wrong
I had a great weekend even with this stuff happening. Even being towed back to the docks from sandy beach. lol.

What would you have done
its a public beach you did nothing wrong i wouldnt of moved

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
about 2 hours later there buddy returns. They send a couple of there girls over to me and asked if I could move my boat so there friend could jump the boat. It wont start cause his Battery was dead. So a few of my friends then step up and say He (me) wasn't moving jack. I walked over to offer the guy a jump-start and he said he just wanted me to move so his buddy could park next to him. I said I would move over if he moved over. His buddy was pist. He wanted me to move completely. Phuck them wake bargers. I was cool with them jacking my water. But now they want to take the beach too.

Too bad cause I get along with almost any group. Or I used to.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
If he had a anchor and bouy marking his spot I would say he had rights, but In all cases this is why I put a bunch of chairs and my ez up right where I am going to beach. It sucks when you get a location to picnic , go for a run and come back and have no place to unload. but usualy it is just me and the wife so a small beachless cove is always better.:D

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
CAVE / I will boat with you any time.I like your style.At our resort we have the same people that throw out there buoys and take there real estate on the water front beach area.They are gone all day and expect there marked area to be theirs.I almost got in a fist fight one day over it.My landlord gave me ok to do as needed.I now hook up to these a** holes anchors to piss them off.When the come back I will move to another anchor.I usually make my point.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
actualy when we leave our estate at the beach their is still a few people and boats beach so I hope this does not apply,

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
Bring 396 and 460 and I promise that they will NOT say a damn thing to you. I have stolen many spots and never had a word directed tward me. :D:D:D

·
2,925 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike they had a big ass brotha there. He was taking about some guy he mess up the night before. I know you could take him but you know me. MR I'll help you out. :D I don't want to be blamed for having the beach closed down because I lost my cool.

The wakers are locals just like I am. I'd rather be cool headed and not have the sheriff against me. I see these guys every weekend. before this I would of seen them coming and opened up a spot if there was room. No more.

PHUCK em. Middle of the lake is for speed. Not floundering. Get out the way.

Mike is the engine in??? There were some jets out there this weekend. You would of been proud. ITS APRIL FOO.

·
Seriously off center
2,439 Posts
It begs the question.... if you went on a run and their buddy slid into your spot, would you be pissed?

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nope. I know if I leave I'm S. O. L. Its happened. I just parked a little further from my friends. Made new ones on the walk over to my present ones too.
There were plenty of spots up river.

Sandy Beach is changing. These new wake boaters wont mingle like the rest of us. They gather into a group and keep to themselves. Thats cool with me.

Had I gone for a ride Like on Saturday and returned, like on Saturday I would have found another spot. Like I did on Saturday. Even though I parked 10 boats over from my friends. Dam near in the weeds.lol.

·
2,925 Posts
Mike they had a big ass brotha there. He was taking about some guy he mess up the night before. I know you could take him but you know me. MR I'll help you out. :D I don't want to be blamed for having the beach closed down because I lost my cool.

The wakers are locals just like I am. I'd rather be cool headed and not have the sheriff against me. I see these guys every weekend. before this I would of seen them coming and opened up a spot if there was room. No more.

PHUCK em. Middle of the lake is for speed. Not floundering. Get out the way.

Mike is the engine in??? There were some jets out there this weekend. You would of been proud. ITS APRIL FOO.

I always boat by myself and 17 of my homeboys. Ya never know when liquid courage kicks in.

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Ive been in situations like this. If you can overcome the knee jerk reaction of DUDE YOU"RE IN MY SPOT! or THATS SPOTS SAVED! it can all work. As soon as everyone sees that people are willing to work with each other and make room when the time comes, it all works out in the end. And like you said Cave, you make new friends while walking past your old ones to get to your boat.

396 stays out of trouble because he's got Fositty in his corner:D:D
Otherwise dat brotha be in deep doo doo!!:D
See ya at the opener Michael..

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts

·
2,925 Posts
Ive been in situations like this. If you can overcome the knee jerk reaction of DUDE YOU"RE IN MY SPOT! or THATS SPOTS SAVED! it can all work. As soon as everyone sees that people are willing to work with each other and make room when the time comes, it all works out in the end. And like you said Cave, you make new friends while walking past your old ones to get to your boat.

396 stays out of trouble because he's got Fositty in his corner:D:D
Otherwise dat brotha be in deep doo doo!!:D
See ya at the opener Michael..

I knew it was commin':D Cant wait to party with ya Tony ;) Me and Fo' sitty will be stealin' sum of yo shiznit dat weekend;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts