Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts

·
Pride & Promise
513 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Awesome video! and Kudos for those who put it together!! :)devil

Thanks to all troops stateside and overseas!

·
I got nothing
2,037 Posts
Whether you are for or against the wars, for or against the politicians that put our military in harms way remember that they have signed up to protect the very principal that gives us the right to openly agree or disagree. Far too many have died, and far too many will undoubtedly continue to die, protecting our nation and our way of life. Those of us not directly in harms way need to be mindful of that and thank each and every member of the military that we come in contact with for doing what they do.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
For anyone who lives in Havasu that wants to send anything to the military you can drop it off at Lietz-Frazee funeral home and from there it gets forwarded. We send them all Boating and Hotrod magazines, recently bought a big ass package of socks from Sams Club as the wife said they really appreciate them she heard. Thanks, NSF

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Awesome video.

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
The Troops will always need our support.......and they need it worse today.......3 weeks for the request and someone is siting on the request.....and they are dying. Brave friends and defenders of this country an the American way of life, great video, pathetic reality out of DC today.

·
W.T.F.O.
32 Posts
the part with the little girl in the pink that gave the Marine a hug and then ran back to her Mother and hide behind her leg was definitely cute

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
Whether you are for or against the wars, for or against the politicians that put our military in harms way remember that they have signed up to protect the very principal that gives us the right to openly agree or disagree. Far too many have died, and far too many will undoubtedly continue to die, protecting our nation and our way of life. Those of us not directly in harms way need to be mindful of that and thank each and every member of the military that we come in contact with for doing what they do.
The Troops will always need our support.......and they need it worse today.......3 weeks for the request and someone is siting on the request.....and they are dying. Brave friends and defenders of this country an the American way of life, great video, pathetic reality out of DC today.
Love and Pray for our Troops!!!

:)devil
There's not a day that goes by when I don't think about these brave men and women overseas protecting our freedom. My thoughts are always with you!
Amen.

There is a streetlight up in La Verne, La Verne has the flags with the soldiers names on them. Well this particular one has crosses, momentos, ribbons, candles, etc by the dozens, and has had for weeks. I always get emotional when I drive by this, I don't know the soldier, but know that many many did, and that they are missing someone from their lives. A brother, as son, a friend... A scenario certainly repeated thousands of times in thousands of places, not to mention the thousands injured and maimed in hospitals.

God Bless our soldiers.

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Rex,

When I served in combat it was not just the folks, families and friends that supported us but it is was also seeing the businesses and communities who went out of their way to show that support and respect. When I returned we all did our best to spend a little extra money or go out of our way to support those business who showed that pride and support. I hope you are blessed with your unwavering support. You need to know it is appreciated by ex combat vets, and there is a bunch of us on here (except that smoken guy you give a hard time to :)sphss), it is greatly appreciated by those facing those dangers today. Keep up the great work!:)devil

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
Rex,

When I served in combat it was not just the folks, families and friends that supported us but it is was also seeing the businesses and communities who went out of their way to show that support and respect. When I returned we all did our best to spend a little extra money or go out of our way to support those business who showed that pride and support. I hope you are blessed with your unwavering support. You need to know it is appreciated by ex combat vets, and there is a bunch of us on here (except that smoken guy you give a hard time to :)sphss), it is greatly appreciated by those facing those dangers today. Keep up the great work!:)devil
Thanks Donzi,

But I really don't deserve much if any credit. My life is not on the line. I feel it is every American's "duty" to support the men and women putting their lives on the line to keep our freedoms alive from those that would wish to disrupt them. And that goes from the marine on the front line right down to the soldier cleaning out the crappers. To not show respect and support in my eyes is un-American. When I see men and women in uniform I go out of my way to talk to them and thank them. This often occurs in airports but other places as well. It's my belief that "every" American should be doing this so these people know they are appreciated in the deepest of ways. It's tough to identify vets out of uniform but if I could I would personally thank each and every one of them I came in contact with to the best of my ability. The sad thing is, in airports for instance, I see very few people even giving a friendly "hi, how you doin". That part makes me sad about our country. So many just seem like freedom is taken for granted and is a birthright or something and far off wars are out of sight, out of mind.

For the past two years I attended the circle races up in Burley Id. Both times the National Guard and Army had a small contingent of soldiers there doing recruitment. I talked with these guys and actually learned a lot about their equipment they had on display, where they were from, what their deployments were going to be, etc etc etc. I wish everyone would take the time just to talk with them and wish them well. A flag on the front of the house is nice but these guys don't see that flag. Anyway, just rambling, carry on... :)

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
i do not take my freedom for granted and dont think it should, going way back in wars . they were faught for our(americans) freedom of some sort..everytime i see a person in military uniform or find out they have served or is serving, my words to them are. thank you for serving in my country...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts