Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for some information and pics about the Longdecks that were built by Beismeyer. I was curious if they raced them and how many were actually built by Beismeyer?

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Steve Earl has one in Burbank!!

A Red one.

I just feel a little weird asking to see a picture of his long deck. Better get Maxi to do it!:)bulb

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
My Dad's first Beismeyer K-94 El Dorado was a long deck. The boat was no longer the dash was built back. His second one which is now PS 110 owned by Jerry Cotter is a short deck.

Jeannie Doidge

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Steve Earl has one in Burbank!!

A Red one.

I just feel a little weird asking to see a picture of his long deck. Better get Maxi to do it!:)bulb
Would it be less awkward if he had a short deck or no deck at all?

I never liked red decks myself. Seemed a shiny deck was much better

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
There was this one time, at bad camp, this girl loved my deck, she would slide on it three or four times a day for three days straight.

Damn that made for a red deck. Fun for a while, but sometimes I still miss her....

Brian

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sharp Shooter,

Show the pic of Gary Mitsch SS 86 Psycho. That was a bad ass long deck Biesemeyer running out of Minnesota around '74

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
OK, no more long deck picture requests. GURU get's all hard over the thought.

How about this topic. What was the reason they made a long deck boat?

Anyone know the answer? I don't and would like to know.

·
3,246 Posts
The K555 boat is for sale. It has a 427" single carb motor in it. Looks just like in the picture when Paul Fitzgerald & also David Rankin owned it.
The owner Brad can be reached during the day at 760-922-6868
any set price?

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
OK, no more long deck picture requests. GURU get's all hard over the thought.

How about this topic. What was the reason they made a long deck boat?

Anyone know the answer? I don't and would like to know.
Julian owned an Aqua Craft that he had put a wood deck on and was ski racing it back in the day. When he decided to go circle racing he made a mold off the Aqua Craft bottom. The keel of the Biesemeyer as we all know it is off the original Aqua Craft. Julian added the curve on the bottom at the chine with the help of his partner Paul Edwards. He then contacted his friend Rusty Biesemeyer to design a deck for the new bottom. They layed a series of 4x8 plywood sheets on the top side of the bottom mold and scribed the outline of the bottom on those sheets. Rusty built the long deck on a set of tables at his shop. It was designed to be sleek and long. When they finally put the deck on the boat it over hung the sides by about an inch on each side. They glassed the deck to the bottom on the inside and when done they came and cut the inch that over hung off the outside. That made the cap line real tight. So if you notice the cap line on the long deck isn't as round as the more common deck, it's more squared off. Julian also made one where they spilt the deck down the middle stopping about 2" from the nose. They spread the deck open looking like the shape of a piece of pizza so the owner could put 2 big block Chevy's side by side in the boat. The boat was called KWITSURBITCHIN (mispelled i'm sure) and was owned by Gary Carrol & Pat Breslen. The boat was ran as "K" back in the day.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts