Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I`m looking at this pump/ bracket and it seems like I can use some 1 1/4" AL round stock for shims with 7/16 hardware and just mount it to the rear (front of engine ) motor plate...

Does anyone have any pictures showing belt driven deals or have an idea? Thanks again

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
So I`m looking at this pump/ bracket and it seems like I can use some 1 1/4" AL round stock for shims with 7/16 hardware and just mount it to the rear (front of engine ) motor plate...
Does anyone have any pictures showing belt driven deals or have an idea? Thanks again
Thats basically what I did, only difference was I use arp head studs and made spacers out of .750 stainless. The studs were .375 and screwed into the block. Picture isn't very good but gives you the basic idea.

pc motor.jpg

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts

They are pretty simple. You can use round or hex stock and all thread. I have since this pic trimmed the plate some.

Just make sure the pump is setup for belt drive. If it's an Enderle go to goodvibrations.com and look at the illustration. You can turn the pump around on the plate opposite of this one if necessary. They are easy to work with.

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts
damn motormonkey! Shim the pump or trim the crank spacer. It hurt to even look at that!
LOL don't pull any punches man. Saw a pic this morning in the v-drive section of a pump mounted on the engine rail. In that instance the engine is at an angle and the pump is not. Makes for interesting alignment also.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Its the angle of the pic. That pump in that setup has spun a few rpm and never had a belt issue. Its the pic. Hahaha.
Now you might be commenting on the flipped pulley?:))eek:))

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Its the angle of the pic. That pump in that setup has spun a few rpm and never had a belt issue. Its the pic. Hahaha.
Now you might be commenting on the flipped pulley?:))eek:))
Angle of the pic my ass. The belt is riding on the front of the pump pulley and the rear of the crank pulley, and it is definitely on an angle. Its not mine. The worst that coiuld happen is you'll run out of gas. Now if it was a dry sump pump, that could get ugly.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts