Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am getting close to getting my intercooler plumbed, and finnaly went to install the belt. It doesnt fit:|err The blower shop chart shows it as a 1600 (63 inches). 102 - 82 tooth count. I am running a 60 upper and 52 lower. It's a B&M 420 mega blower with a superchiller. Any body have similar set up and what belt size?:)hand Thanks

·
Abnormal Member
509 Posts
From the belt number you have given I am assuming that you are running a 8mm belt set up. What is the distance from the center of the crank to the center of the blower drive snout. What engin is this on? What manifold are you using? In the charts that I have the 1600 doesn't show any total tooth count close to your. Not to mention your total tooth count is 112 so if you bought a belt for the 102 - 82 tooth cout you posted then you need to change the pulley's to make it work.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the belt number you have given I am assuming that you are running a 8mm belt set up. What is the distance from the center of the crank to the center of the blower drive snout. What engin is this on? What manifold are you using? In the charts that I have the 1600 doesn't show any total tooth count close to your.
I was just reading/taking the only info from the technical sheet off of the Blower Shops web site. I have not measured yet on the center to center. It is a std 454 deck. B&M rectangle port manifold. B&M 420 superchiller and blower. I bought the superchiller used it came with the belt. Thanks for chiming in Flatmvn

·
Abnormal Member
509 Posts
In order to help you measure the center to center and measure around your pulley's with the slack adjusting pulley all the way in. From the sound of it you are probably going to have to change pulley's to get the under drive ratio you want to use the belt you have and even if you get the next longer belt you are still going to have to change pulley's to make it work. But get the info I ask for and we will see what we can do.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In order to help you measure the center to center and measure around your pulley's with the slack adjusting pulley all the way in. From the sound of it you are probably going to have to change pulley's to get the under drive ratio you want to use the belt you have and even if you get the next longer belt you are still going to have to change pulley's to make it work. But get the info I ask for and we will see what we can do.
Thanks, Louis for clarifying the total tooth count on the reference chart:)bulb Ya, I guess I am that stupid. The motor is a garage junk yard dog and I dont think it will handle any more than the 13 percent under. I am only going to try and make it last through labor day weekend. Then it's coming out and hopefully can work something out with Barry for next year.

·
Abnormal Member
509 Posts
Barry will do you right. He built my blown 540 and freshend two of my race motors and they all run strong & reliable. He is very good with budgets, and is very good at communication. He and I worked very well together on my builds so if you need any help I will do my best to help you out also.

·
Hard Core Member
406 Posts
You are going to need a 1600mm belt with a chiller, it's the only one that will work. The sizes are limited:

1440mm / 180 tooth / 56.7"

1520mm / 190 tooth / 59.5"

1600mm / 200 tooth / 63"

1698mm / 212 tooth / 66.7"

Just measure around the pulleys you have to get an idea, then expect to get some bigger pullies or the idler will not take up the slack. I have some huge pullies if you need some, don't know the tooth count right now though.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are going to need a 1600mm belt with a chiller, it's the only one that will work. The sizes are limited:

1440mm / 180 tooth / 56.7"

1520mm / 190 tooth / 59.5"

1600mm / 200 tooth / 63"

1698mm / 212 tooth / 66.7"

Just measure around the pulleys you have to get an idea, then expect to get some bigger pullies or the idler will not take up the slack. I have some huge pullies if you need some, don't know the tooth count right now though.
I have a 1600 belt now(63") good up to 102 count according to BDS tech page. It will not go on the 112 count I have now, trial and error fit up on this one.

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
I'm running a 1760 on MkIV with an 8 and a chiller.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.