Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can i tell which berkeley jet is on my boat? on a side note, where can i go for information on how to "properly" drive a jet boat?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
how can i tell which berkeley jet is on my boat? on a side note, where can i go for information on how to "properly" drive a jet boat?

On the top of your drive should be a tag. However your bowl could have changed. Just post some pics and someone will pipe up...

As far as driving.. Gas should be on the floor.. Forward and reverse on your left and trim either on the floor steering wheel or dash.. To get out of the hole just mash the gas.. Dont let up off the gas to much in a turn or you will lose all control of steering. These things only turn when they have the jet pushing them. Dont run in too shallow or rocky of water (You will suck shit up) unless you dont mind rebuidling your engine and pump.

and most importantly dont hit shit.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
The Berkeley website has a section that has some good tips on how to maneuver a jet boat and how to drive one, and also lots of good information about caring for your jet drive.:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Berkeley website has a section that has some good tips on how to maneuver a jet boat and how to drive one, and also lots of good information about caring for your jet drive.:)
gotta link (to the driving tips)? i searched the site and didn't see it?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
i found the berkeley site. what i cannot find there, or anywhere else on the web is driving tips.

I gave you the basic controls. What else are you looking for.. Its pretty simple. If you can drive a car you can drive a jet boat.. Are you looking for tips on how to handle wakes or chop or other dangerous situations or just basic operations?

Edit: this is the only thing i found on berks website.

http://www.berkeleyjet.com/Instructions/12J_Maintenance.pdf

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
here is another snipit out of that jet boat manual i got.. Not alot of info but just some basic stuff...

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

How to drive a jetboat...

Here is how I drive mine; Go to gas station that sells 100 AKI fuel and fill both tanks to the top, also fill 6, 5 gal. gas cans to the top as well.

Go to lake and get a Quagga muscle inspection:|err put boat in water and start engine, once warmed up, switch to the other tank cause your out of gas on that tank, hammer the gas to the floor, run engine at 5200 RPM for ten minutes, get ticket for being too damn loud, turn around and go back to dock and add two of the 5 gal. gas cans to each tank, but do so with boat on trailer because filling boats in the water is against Cali. law:)st Put boat back in water, hammer gas to the floor for ten minutes, get a speeding ticket because of the 35 MPH speed limit :|err, switch tanks, go back to docks...repeat.:mad:

After last cans of gas are burned up, put boat back on trailer, find metal and or water in the oil, go home and rebuild it ...repeat...;)

This is how I have done it for several years, so pretty sure it is the way it's done:)devil

Good luck!:D

GT :)hand

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
[/b]

Here is how I drive mine; Go to gas station that sells 100 AKI fuel and fill both tanks to the top, also fill 6, 5 gal. gas cans to the top as well.

Go to lake and get a Quagga muscle inspection:|err put boat in water and start engine, once warmed up, switch to the other tank cause your out of gas on that tank, hammer the gas to the floor, run engine at 5200 RPM for ten minutes, get ticket for being too damn loud, turn around and go back to dock and add two of the 5 gal. gas cans to each tank, but do so with boat on trailer because filling boats in the water is against Cali. law:)st Put boat back in water, hammer gas to the floor for ten minutes, get a speeding ticket because of the 35 MPH speed limit :|err, switch tanks, go back to docks...repeat.:mad:

After last cans of gas are burned up, put boat back on trailer, find metal and or water in the oil, go home and rebuild it ...repeat...;)

This is how I have done it for several years, so pretty sure it is the way it's done:)devil

if I could fit that all in a sig I would :)devil

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
[/b]

Thats pretty darn funny right there.. But you forgot breaking down and needing to get towed in...

·
Jet boat service
126 Posts
[/b]

You just about nailed it but you forgot one thing, On the way to the lake you feel a bump on the free way , look in the side view mirror and see your trailer tire flying all over the road way. If your lucky and have a tandem axle trailer, you limp to the off ramp, look for tire shop. If you have a single axle trailer you leave your boat on the side of the road , remove the wheel and go find a tire shop.... Oh and its Interstate 5 and 105 degrees in Redding..... :D:D

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
You just about nailed it but you forgot one thing, On the way to the lake you feel a bump on the free way , look in the side view mirror and see your trailer tire flying all over the road way. If your lucky and have a tandem axle trailer, you limp to the off ramp, look for tire shop. If you have a single axle trailer you leave your boat on the side of the road , remove the wheel and go find a tire shop.... Oh and its Interstate 5 and 105 degrees in Redding..... :D:D

Have we gone boating together before? ROFLMAO

hil:) :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
[/b]

geeez sounds like my uncles atempts to build a blower motor for his hawian but you skip the part where the boat goes fast enough to get a ticket and the part where you burn enough gas to refill its more like start start to idle out of the no wake zone then pop there it goes lol then you get towed back and its time for a rebuild:)hand

1 - 20 of 22 Posts