Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 21' Commander with a 454 and a Berkeley 12je with a split bowl and place diverter. Oil leaked from the intake grate after I filled up the bowl. I removed the bowl and found the bowl seal and what was left of the bowl bearings sitting on the shaft. The impeller and bowl look good to me, the end off the shaft looks worn, I can move the shaft/impeller a little bit in all directions with my hand. Also last year I noticed water leaking through the packing gland area and it still doea even after tightening the two nuts a couple different times at (just 1/4 or half turns a piece). Any recommendations for a mechanic in the San Diego area is appreciated. I am in Lakeside.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I have a 1990 21' Commander with a 454 and a Berkeley 12je with a split bowl and place diverter. Oil leaked from the intake grate after I filled up the bowl. I removed the bowl and found the bowl seal and what was left of the bowl bearings sitting on the shaft. The impeller and bowl look good to me, the end off the shaft looks worn, I can move the shaft/impeller a little bit in all directions with my hand. Also last year I noticed water leaking through the packing gland area and it still doea even after tightening the two nuts a couple different times at (just 1/4 or half turns a piece). Any recommendations for a mechanic in the San Diego area is appreciated. I am in Lakeside.
Jp marine in lakeside. Top notch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts