Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm selling a complete Berkeley JA housing a project boat I picked up came with it, I have no use for it since I already built mine. Pump appears to be in great shape. $300obo plus shipping located in Northern California.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Very Nice A pump indeed (note the bearing cap) , fwiw this appears to be an early offering from Berleley and differs slightly from its 12jc and g cousins that has a pretty specific application, may be interested as well Tom

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can I swap the shaft out of my JG? The rear of the motor is mounted to the suction housing. I was planning on swapping the bearing caps.
Nick that I am not sure. Maybe Tom will know, it looks like you could but I'm sure Tom will know for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tom, my 12jg ran great and early this year I started to notice it slipping when I got on it from a stop. Last weekend I ran too shallow and sucked up the bottom. I took the jet apart and the nose of the impeller is all but gone, the suction housing is grooved and worn up to the wear ring, the thrust bearing is rough to turn and loose. The rest of the jet looks good. The motor was installed with the 'pack a jet' 3 point mounting.
I am told all suction housings are the same. Can I swap out the shaft and the bearing cap (for the motor mount) of the 12JA and have it bolt into the 12JG set up? I appreciate any advise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts