Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
trying to find someone to build my pump anybody . or can i do it myself ? how hard is it?

Not hard if you have the hand tools and machining equipment. The equipment required is in direct relation to what your pump needs.

Otherwise go see Jory at SOS Marine in Granite Bay.

7165 Douglas Blvd, Granite Bay, CA 95746-6216, United States
Phone: (916) 791-3783

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I did mine and had never even seen the inside of the pump before. I've got the nut socket and the impeller puller should you need them. I have an instruction sheet that I found on the internet and then with the help of Rick at Berkeley I had no problems at all. You will need a press for the bushings. One word of advice, just go and buy the complete rebuild kit, it's cheaper then buying the parts one at a time. I'll see if I can find that instruction sheet if you decide to try it yourself.

·
BOOMER SOONER
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would love to build it myself.. i work at central 4 wheel drive and know how to do just about everything on the boat as well as lots of other crap just nevr built a pump. when i ready that would be f-ing awesome if i could rent them from you ..:D

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
i would love to build it myself.. i work at central 4 wheel drive and know how to do just about everything on the boat as well as lots of other crap just nevr built a pump. when i ready that would be f-ing awesome if i could rent them from you ..:D
Given your mechanical ability, rebuilding a pump is fairly easy. If you run into any bumps, there are a few knowledgeable people around to help out. My first choice in NorCal is Jim Coffey at Performance Jet as he's been in the business for 30+ yrs.

Go for it and take your time, it'll turn out great!

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
btw, since Greg (GaWnCA) offered up the socket and puller, that will make the job that much easier. Although working at Central 4x4, you may already have a socket, the impeller puller sure makes it a lot easier than trying to adapt another puller to work.

·
Screamin SeaMonkees
1,663 Posts
GT Boats

I talked to Dave today. He said "Bring 'im in", he's willing to do it himself!

Good deal. He did mine on a quick turn around. Great service.

Mark

·
BOOMER SOONER
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Guys Thanks For Your Help But I Have Decided To Do It My Self Looks Easy Enough With A Little Help From My Buddy Right Above Me

·
1,814 Posts
still need help ?

i'm in sacramento , i have a bench drilled out to bolt it down & the tool to pull the impeller off ,i also have a tool to replace the bowl bushings .pm me if ya need to bring it over

·
1,814 Posts
you should get it torn down to see what is in it & what's needed. it might need something different than a standard part, ya never know. see if the impeller is shot or good etc.

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
hell yeah i should have the rebuild kit in a week or so ill let you know when i ready thanks

Hey 426, are you plannin' on coming out to Hookie Day on the 3rd with DLB? If so, I have the complete Berkeley pump tool kit, complete with the impeller puller, impeller nut socket and spline socket as well as the bearing & seal drivers. I'll let ya borrow it if ya want.

·
Registered
981 Posts
well shit can i get up in this pump rebuild?? ive got the pump totally disassembled and just need to install the new wear ring and all bushings/seals in the bowl... whos installed a wear ring before?? its an ultimate wear ring sized to my new A2 impeller.. just never done this before would be nice to have some guidance.

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
well shit can i get up in this pump rebuild?? ive got the pump totally disassembled and just need to install the new wear ring and all bushings/seals in the bowl... whos installed a wear ring before?? its an ultimate wear ring sized to my new A2 impeller.. just never done this before would be nice to have some guidance.
Matt,
You should really get ahold of Fleetimus! Not only has he installed the ultimate wear rings but he's also right up the road from you in Colfax. I know he would be more than willing to give you a hand.

·
BOOMER SOONER
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i would love to be out on the 3rd but work calls , ive got a new baby to take care of,:) plus my boat is in peices; hull is at paint , engine is at machine shop, pump is torn apart. the gesture is very nice thou i still need about 150$ more for the kit and new impeller

1 - 20 of 25 Posts