Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixin to rebuild my Berkley JB pump. wondering if i should spend the money on a stainless steel impeller. I dont race make about 500 hp, just want something so i dont have to rebuild it again next season.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i've got 1 for sale and i'm close:D 600 for a like new american turbine stainless aa cut:)devil what pump is in that boat? 12s dominator?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Most OEM impellers are rated at around 400 to 450 hp , After market aluminums to right at 500 , Your probably a candidate for a Bronze or Stainless if you can see it in your budjet , Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never heard of a bronze impeller, but i want it to last an got plans on puttin aluminum heads on it this winter. Which would up my hp. a little

·
Horsepower sells Engines
402 Posts
in the first post it says you want to make 500hp what rpm you want to run 4700? if so why run on the edge when you can get a known good product

·
LIQUID QUARTER MILE
562 Posts
mag bronze

mag bronze start big on cut and work your way down i would go with a aggressor impeller just remember the flow rate of a aggressor is more than a berkeley so your charts will differ from cut to cut

·
Registered
546 Posts
Its got a Berkley 12-JB-A. dont think i got enough motor for a AA impeller, thanks anyway though.
on the bronze or stainless most all are cast to the largest size and then cut to the application. the aa that impatient has could be easily adapted to your situation, and agreeing with pro mod get a larger one and cut to your use, i always state it is a lot easier to make them smaller that to cut them bigger, if you get one to small you will have to buy another, go large then cut

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
on the bronze or stainless most all are cast to the largest size and then cut to the application. the aa that impatient has could be easily adapted to your situation, and agreeing with pro mod get a larger one and cut to your use, i always state it is a lot easier to make them smaller that to cut them bigger, if you get one to small you will have to buy another, go large then cut
:)devil we went too small to begin with, now we're heading towards a aaa mag bronze aggressor:)grn:)devil:)grn

·
Horsepower sells Engines
402 Posts
where would you send it to get re cut? do local shops do that or is it a send out to mfg.? what engine specs are you sending with it to get it re cut?

·
LIQUID QUARTER MILE
562 Posts
j069

where would you send it to get re cut? do local shops do that or is it a send out to mfg.? what engine specs are you sending with it to get it re cut?
johnray069 does all my cutting he is Big A Performance
give him a shout awesome guy and awesome work
athens Tn

1 - 15 of 15 Posts