Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Is there anybody at the head of any organization in America that is smart enough to suggest cuts in government spending rather than raising the debt ceiling and spend like there's no tomorrow? At this rate, there will be no tomorrow for our children/grandchildren and they deserve better from us. They deserve fiscal responsibility, not spending borrowed money like teen age lottery winners.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
QE3 is coming my god where will this end?

]Bernanke: Fed would supply more stimulus if needed - Yahoo! Finance[/url]
The article is not as dire as the headline suggests.
It'd be nice if they could make banks lend more.

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
QE3 won't do that. I read an opinion of an economist (not one of the big names) that said the US should try to jack interest rates up and that would entice the banks to lend because they would make money for their risk. With these low interest rates, there is not enough money in it for the banks to lend to anyone except to those with the best credit. There might be some truth to that logic.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Yes. I was referring to this from the article:

"In addition to purchasing Treasury bonds, Bernanke said the Fed could help the economy by:

-- Cutting the interest paid to banks on the reserves they hold as a way to encourage them to lend more."

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Yes. I was referring to this from the article:

"In addition to purchasing Treasury bonds, Bernanke said the Fed could help the economy by:

-- Cutting the interest paid to banks on the reserves they hold as a way to encourage them to lend more."
I know, but what can we do? Maybe I do need to pack up and move to a Scandanavian country or Canada.:hmmm: After I get my degree of course, courtesy of the taxpayers of the state of California.:D

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts

Why WOULD/SHOULD the banks lend more??? What is the incentive for the banks??? Cross their fingers and HOPE that they get bailed out again and again and again???

IF there was any REAL confidence out there those with the confidence would find the $$$ to get the deals done...

WHO has any measure of confidence with DOOOFUSSS THE Chi Town STREET HUSTLER at the helm???

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Funny, let the banks charge more interest to cover their risks. First, aren't these the same assholes that bitch that the banks and the industry corporations are already making too much money. When one of us suggests return for risk, they light up like a fricki'n christmas tree, scream and yelling about the corrupt corporate take over fo America.

Why do you feel higher interest is why they aren't lending? They had no trouble with lending illegals with no know income 500,000 with zero interest just a few years ago.

Why do you think it ALL the banks hesitation to lending. Maybe its the borrowers hesitation. I know I have interest in borrowing any money, even with the insanely low interest rates.
Now, if I had a job or pension where my money came from a printing press, I might. But coming from investments or a private sector job? Hell no! That could end tomorrow. Look at all the bank employees that are out on the streets this month. Nope, can't say this is the climate for borrowing.

Businesses aren't looking to borrow for expansion. They are flush with capacity. Look at Bob Leach and Eliminator Boats. He walked away from his Perris facility and gave it back to the bank.

Raising interest right now is paramount to raising taxes trying to raise revenues. It stupid and won't work.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
1,512 Posts
The only way the Fed can provide more stimulus is by devaluating the dollar more. Bernanke is a walking talking piece of shit just like his predecessor. These pricks should man up and tell the government to stop spending.

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
WHOOSH!!!!Pay attention 2MM.:)hand
Why should I pay attention, to what end... We could explain Economics 101/CHECKBOOK BALANCING 101 to you five MILLION times and it wouldnt sink in...

The only way the Fed can provide more stimulus is by devaluating the dollar more. Bernanke is a walking talking piece of shit just like his predecessor. These pricks should man up and tell the government to stop spending.
Oh NO, we can't do that... We MUST spend our way into prosperity... hil:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts