Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
WET MEMBER
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spanich Flat and Rancho Montecello are shut down, soon next month Putah Creek and Lake Berryessa Marina. The last to close will be Steel Park next year, around Feb or March. The only places left to launch are Markley Cove, Pleasure Cove, and the free ramp. This sucks!!!!!:mad::|err No camping unless we go boat camping which sounds fun.
Where does everyone plan on going the rest of this year and next year, anthing close within 100 miles really sucks. We are looking for something closer. any ideas??:)bulb:)bulb:))eek:))
Can we get a list going, pro and cons????
And pictures of the lakes or rivers that offer over night camping, RV etc.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Hey Rich, You've got lots of water right there by you. Then there's the Delta. Rio Vista area. Greg

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Not quite sure?!?!(probably the delta)
We really like Steele Park so we'll book a trip or two there before the '09 closure.:)devil
yeah us too! this sux azz...gonna have to do some home work:mad:

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Lets plan a last Steele Park party/camping trip Jan. or Feb. of '09.:)devil
im gamed...maybe get the whole DLB out for a trip:)bulb

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
Just got back from a 5 day deal at SP. They said all employees will be gone by September. The park closes in May 09 not sure there will be camping after Sept.... The lake looked like a ghost town, very sad indeed.....

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
Now what is the reason for closing down the lake? Are they going to let it dry up?
Apparantly BLM got tired of all the issues with the resorts managers/those that leased it from the goverment 30 years ago. The lease's ended and BLM impossed lots of changes that most did not like and bailed out. Pensis group (sp) in Arizona bid on all the resorts except Markley and Pleasure cove. They won the bids and god knows WTF they are going to do. Claims are they are going to build spendy hotels for Bay Area peeps?. Thats it in a nutshell......... BLM said Markley and Pleasure had to add X so many more camp sites 80 or something. Basicaly it will be a cluster F to get into the place anymore with only a few ramps...... My family had a trailer there for over 25 years, guess nothing stays the same...........

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Just got back from a 5 day deal at SP. They said all employees will be gone by September. The park closes in May 09 not sure there will be camping after Sept.... The lake looked like a ghost town, very sad indeed.....
maybe one of us can put in a call and see what there last month of having rv's stay there will be and plan from there:)bulb

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
maybe one of us can put in a call and see what there last month of having rv's stay there will be and plan from there:)bulb
Let us know what you find out...:D

Per the conversation I just had with Steel Park they will be closing in December:mad::mad: Can anyone say X-Mas is going to suck this year:mad:

How about we plan a Thanksgiving Camping trip to Steel Park?

·
Never Enough
972 Posts
I just talked to someone up there and she said they're taking reservations for camping thru the end of the year even though they're not closing until March or May (I forgot which one but was an M month) of next year.

How about we plan a Thanksgiving Camping trip to Steel Park?
That sounds cool but I was thinking sometime closer,say late September or early October.:)devil:D

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I just talked to someone up there and she said they're taking reservations for camping thru the end of the year even though they're not closing until March or May (I forgot which one but was an M month) of next year.

That sounds cool but I was thinking sometime closer,say late September or early October.:)devil:D
October = Hookie Day:D

I would say shoot for Early Sept and then again maybe Late Oct. for one last blow out before everyone put the boats away for the winter( NOT :D)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts