Performance Boats Forum banner

Berryessa, etc. Nor Cal lakes info needed

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Imlitup 
#1 ·
Anything I need to know? Going to Berryessa the weekend after labor day. Also, is there any other Nor Cal areas like Lake Mendocino, Sonoma etc that are good?

I heard Clear Lake, is nasty, nasty water.

BTW, Any info on what areas are Salty, like the River Delta?
How far Inland do you actually get Salt Water from Tidal Influence?
What about Folsom?

I'm in North San Diego county so I don't know much about these spots.

#2 ·
Anything I need to know? Going to Berryessa the weekend after labor day. Also, is there any other Nor Cal areas like Lake Mendocino, Sonoma etc that are good?

What about Folsom?

Folsom will have 5 mph on the entire lake after the holiday or sooner, they sent the water to your area.

Berryless is awesome, most of the resorts are closed due to government horseshit. Still 3 open. Water gets as rough as an ocean in the early afternoon most of the time. Glass mornings and evenings. Lake likes BIG boats during that time. Clean water and lots of room (big lake).

I don’t do the river, tires with rims float in that river and some houseboat poop in most of it. If ya don’t swim it's cool. There are some nice areas there but I have not seen them.

Ok I am ready for the river lover beatings LOL

LOTS O LAKES up here to enjoy, just Google norcal lakes and take your pick.....

I don’t do the living lake either (clear lake) if you like to run your boat in bird drop soup with bug skins then it's great. I do hear it has a few weeks that don’t suck tho.... Nice campgrounds and killer concerts there....

Of course this is just my educated opinion and others may feel differently:D

#3 ·
right about Folsom , although its a jet boaters paradise right now. years ago they wouldn't drop the speed limit. we'd launch in the sand with 4wheel drive.
Call lake Camanche, they still had water a month ago but it's going down too. nice full hook up rv park on south shore.
The river north of Elkhorn is nice. we launch at Verona,no waiting, of 99 at riego rd. take the fork to the left if goin up river.. glass and beaches all the way up. Do not run fast up the right fork, Yuba i think, sandbars all the way.and don't forget, the river is moving... Fast!:)st
By the way i got my nice hawaiian up for sale on spam, but I must be invisible.... LOL

#7 ·
Thanks for the Info.

Anyone know which lakes have speed limits like they do in So Cal with these 35 MPH limits etc.

We will probably hit Berryessa a day or two during the week. Anyone playing hookey?
Run what ya brung @ Berryessa. All lakes as far as I know have some speed and decibel limit and it may be 55mph and 83 db. It's all about how you use your speed. If your wreckless then yes they will hang you on NORCAL lakes. If your carefull do a buck fifty.................... I run over 100 at Folsom, Berryessa, Shasta, Oroville and other local lakes when the time is right and safe for others............ Many others do as well with safety first for others...

Weekdays are always the best time to go as lakes do get busy on weekends.

Enjoy,

Denis

#8 ·
Yes. Clear Lake is suffering due to a low water year and warmer than normal water temps causing algae blooms ( I know all about it, live a stone throw away from the Largest Natural Lake In California). When Clear Lake is full, the quality is great. At the moment it is overcome with blue-green algae along the shorelines. There are no speed limits on Clear Lake, only by the shores (5mph) and most of the ******** here dont know what decibles stands for, lol. Lake Mendocino is on the low side as well, but good quality. Lake Pillsbury is excellent, but the forestry roads to it are pot holed.

norcal73

What about Folsom?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.