Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our annual THRILL IN THE CHILL, Last year we all had a great time, V-drives, Jets, Row boats It does not matter, It is the last event of the year to get together have a great time, And enjoy the company of all the people, and to share the stories of what went on during the year.
Last year we had a chili cook off, Which was awesome. Lets see if we can do it again this year. Open invite to all. Weekend deal or just a day trip. Hope to see you all there.
steve-o (katchenup)

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
I think Roy and I will try to debut the new blower motor for some shake down jetting and testing in the cougar. steve

·
Registered
89 Posts
New blower motor!!!

Hey Steve, it's about time you and your crew chief (Roy) test that new horsepower. I hope you increased the v-drive overdrive to match the power.
Later, Ray

·
Proud DLB Member
285 Posts
Our annual THRILL IN THE CHILL, Last year we all had a great time, V-drives, Jets, Row boats It does not matter, It is the last event of the year to get together have a great time, And enjoy the company of all the people, and to share the stories of what went on during the year.
Last year we had a chili cook off, Which was awesome. Lets see if we can do it again this year. Open invite to all. Weekend deal or just a day trip. Hope to see you all there.
steve-o (katchenup)
We hope to make it up for the day on Saturday if it's not raining that day. Hope to see you guys then. RR :)hand

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Hey Steve, it's about time you and your crew chief (Roy) test that new horsepower. I hope you increased the v-drive overdrive to match the power.
Later, Ray

Whats up Ray! There is a slight chance I have to work this weekend, and next, but if not we are there for Saterday. I hav a set of 18s, 22s,25s,32s. I wanted to start with 29s, or 32s, dial in, and then maybe bump up to 37s, since I like to make long passes. Oh, and I cant afford another motor for a long time w/ second kid almost here. I am lucky to still have the boat. But Roy likes rpm, so he snuck the 25s back in, after he already put the 32s in. We both feel the boat needs to burn the prop more on the leave. So we'll see what we end up with..

So are you going this weekend, and if so w/ boat....

Steve

·
Registered
288 Posts
ill be there sat ,we do a run to the boys scout camp for a winnie roast and a cold boy launch at 10am .

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The list of people that are going are in the v-drive section, under roll call for Berryessa.
Roll Call For Berryessa Nov. 8th.

I'll post more names as they come in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As requested from Mac peanut Butter.

1. Katchenup's
2. Mac Daddy
3. DeltaRat
4. wiskey and water
5. About time
6. preacher
7. jockorace
8. Dimarco21
9. napabob
10. hydroman916
11. bahnerman
12. RobbieRacer
13. Sleekvino
14. Jethro
15. teamgreen
16. Big Nasty
17. 454 blue boat
18. Suckin and Pumpin
19. blwdlfn
20. medicineman
21. sanger rich
22. squirt-gun
23. napanut
24. 707 DOG
25. Rocket-J
26. Cas
27. Budweiser
28. Blewbayou

·
Registered
89 Posts
HP to burn Prop!!!

QUOTE=jockorace;412261]Whats up Ray! There is a slight chance I have to work this weekend, and next, but if not we are there for Saterday. I hav a set of 18s, 22s,25s,32s. I wanted to start with 29s, or 32s, dial in, and then maybe bump up to 37s, since I like to make long passes. Oh, and I cant afford another motor for a long time w/ second kid almost here. I am lucky to still have the boat. But Roy likes rpm, so he snuck the 25s back in, after he already put the 32s in. We both feel the boat needs to burn the prop more on the leave. So we'll see what we end up with..

So are you going this weekend, and if so w/ boat....

Steve
We are planning to go to Weaver's swapmeet that day. I would like to come up and see you run. I am thinking that your carb's will supply enough fuel for the blower to @ 6k rpm and them start to tail off. You may have to go with bigger gears after the testing. You will have plenty of hp to burn the prop. If we do not go to Weaver's, then we will bring the boats to Steel Park. I would probably run out of fuel just getting past the docks to the 5 mph markers. Good luck with the testing, Ray

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
We are planning to go to Weaver's swapmeet that day. I would like to come up and see you run. I am thinking that your carb's will supply enough fuel for the blower to @ 6k rpm and them start to tail off. You may have to go with bigger gears after the testing. You will have plenty of hp to burn the prop. If we do not go to Weaver's, then we will bring the boats to Steel Park. I would probably run out of fuel just getting past the docks to the 5 mph markers. Good luck with the testing, Ray
I was hoping to go to Weavers if not working, before I heard about this event.

I am running two 1290 Demons w/96's squared, and a boost activated water/methanol injection system with two .025 squirters for detonation, and a shot of extra fuel. Fuel beng fed from product engineering 400 gal/hr pump.

I was hoping to run around 7000 rpm w/ 32-37 gear. I hope my set up will support this.???????

I dont think we are really ready to make passes this weekend, just base line tuning.

If it this helps you run your boat, I think a friend is bringing a pontoon boat, so we could always stage fuel if needed.

Let me know, Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts