Performance Boats Forum banner

Best all around boat?

Tags
boat
11K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  BigSteve 
#1 ·
I'm toying with the idea of a different boat next year, and wanted to see what everybody says. What is your idea of the best all around boat?

A boat that will.... Run 80+ (prefer 90-110 capable), handle rough water on the main channel of a good sized lake well, hold 4 people, and be able to walk on the bow... I want my next boat to be a REALLY good lake boat, and still be pretty fast.

#3 · (Edited)
I'm toying with the idea of a different boat next year, and wanted to see what everybody says. What is your idea of the best all around boat?

A boat that will.... Run 80+ (prefer 90-110 capable), handle rough water on the main channel of a good sized lake well, hold 4 people, and be able to walk on the bow... I want my next boat to be a REALLY good lake boat, and still be pretty fast.

How rough ? and speed cost money, so how much do you want to spend on the engine ??????????????

80mph is no big deal, low 90's cost a bit more, triple digigts cost goes exponentially.

Other than the boat named "Turkey Lips" a 21' Daytona (110+mph N/A BBC) , or TPR 21' deck boat a California Performance has my vote but the low free-board might be an issue for you.

S CP :D

#4 ·
Well.... As far as the low freeboard bothering me, My current boat is a 16' 305lb tunnel that you can't walk on the bow of. There's a lot I could tolerate lol. I'd keep my current boat, but I'm starting to think it's too thin for a lake boat.

Power wise, if it'd run 80-85 when I bought it, but the hull was capable of safely doing 100-110ish, then I'd have room to grow and be happy. I guess I worded that wrong to start with.

Rough as in I don't want to be limited on what lake I can go too because I think I might sink my boat or break it in half.

#5 ·
#7 ·
price wise, gullwing will probably be the cheapest to get your hands on. tpr 19' or a 21' deck would be nice... my buddy jason (jgb here on the boards) is selling his 21' tpr, but its not a deck. beautiful boat.

#9 ·
I'm not much of a fan of deck boats.... I'm not quite that old yet. I don't have any family to haul or anything. It would be Me, the girlfriend, and another couple at most. Most of the time, just me and her, and an ice chest.

Keep the feedback coming guys!

#11 · (Edited)
21 eliminator daytona hands down.......80 feels like you are sittin on the couch. Can only imagin how bitchin a buck thirty feels in one ....like Tony Skagens ride with full interior...stereo and swim steps.:)sphss My boat fits 5 and a cooler pretty easily.:)grn Choice was clear to me.:)sphss

#14 · (Edited)
#15 · (Edited)
Lildave,

I meant to post this earlier but got side-tracked with work. After reading over your parameters a couple more times I asked my-self " if money were no object what 19-22' jet boat would you build tomorrow?":

Eagle 21' Tunnel ( state of the art alumi hull design) it's claimed they'll do 100 mph with around 600 hp. :)bulb :)bulb Even if it took a 700-750 hp pump gas 540" engine ..no big deal.

turn up the sound:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFZlfosh-K0&feature=fvsr

#16 ·
A 21' Liberator with a 300 merc would be hard to beat for a boat that will haul 4 adults comfortably still run over 80 and give cheap thrills on pump gas. JMHO.

#21 ·
I too am addicted to acceleration! BBC, and a Jet are a requirement. It has to have the sound and feel or it's no fun!
Two things a jet-boat and a good women have in common. :)grn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.