Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done any testing on which bowl is best?

Went from a stock AT bowl to a professionally detailed Agressor 9 vein and think I may have taken a step backwards.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
I think that the current AT High HP bowl is working quite well for me. A lot of making them work comes from who details them.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Details on the "step backwards"...?
Unfortunately just seat of the pants...RPM stayed the same, but feels slower. I guess I had hoped for a dramatic change considering the condition of the two were so different.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Just going to depend on the entire engine/pump/boat setup.

I recently asked DuaneHTP about the "point" going from (for the sake of discussion) a 9-vane to an 11-vane high-flow bowl.

He told me that a drag boat they were running some years ago saw an increase in performance going to the Agg. 11-vane from a 9-vane, but didn't say much else. While I was planning a bowl purchase, I was not planning an 11-vane purchase, just "brain-picking".
Don't figure I have nearly the HP to push enough water to use one (11), and didn't figure I did, let alone my heavy cruiser hull.

You really need some defined readings to tell if a difference occured. You may have gained a fraction in acceleration, or a few mph, but, expecting something obvious and drastic, and didn't get it, think it was a loss (which is still possible), but unproven.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
start choking the nozzle down and you may get some of the kick back. you really to to be running big hp and a decent sized impellor to keep a aggressor bowl full and hitting max flow. your other bowl prob filled faster, reacted quikcer for it.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Ill get some flak but o well ,I took a step forward getting rid of my aggressor junk.
No "flack" here but that Aggressor " junk" did/does quite well at the drag races...wonder why?
Did you have a 11-vane and maybe not enough engine to utilize it? Kind of like way too big flowing heads for a way too small engine.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Motor makes 800 hp at 6000 rpm turning a Heritage A(slightly larger than a berk A I think based on power utilized to turn same RPM...). Im able to turn the impeller 5800 in decent air.

The diverter is an older unit with no provision for the FTN. May have to buy some inserts and have my dad make them work...

Here is the old bowl

·
steelcomp was here
26,527 Posts
ditto???

if i were looking for a "new" bowl, the amt is the best on the market.

but i'd rather have an mpd converted c...
Maybe he just didn't want to bother, but when I did my pump on the Bahner, Jack said get the AMT...basically had everything done to it he'd do to the Berk (looking at Jerry's bowl when we had the conversation). Also talked with a few others and agreed the "big" AMT bowl, which I did end up getting, may have been borderline too big for my power (probably 720 at the pump). Maybe that's why the modified Berk C would be a better choice?

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
I like the berk with the thick flange or the AMT bowl. I run a berk on my shit rocket.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
i use the same g bowl that jack blueprinted 25 years ago, nothing wrong with it and it works just fine. just sayin that if i had some -need- for something else, it would be a converted c. the amt is a great bowl too, i just like the converted c.

·
steelcomp was here
26,527 Posts
i use the same g bowl that jack blueprinted 25 years ago, nothing wrong with it and it works just fine. just sayin that if i had some -need- for something else, it would be a converted c. the amt is a great bowl too, i just like the converted c.
What do you like about it? If you were starting from scratch what direction would you go?

·
Registered
282 Posts
No "flack" here but that Aggressor " junk" did/does quite well at the drag races...wonder why?
Did you have a 11-vane and maybe not enough engine to utilize it? Kind of like way too big flowing heads for a way too small engine.
I had a 9 vane the power was not the problem.The hand hole cover would always blow off,then the wear ring fell out with no trash going through the pump,the bowl was not centered with the shaft.I would tighten up the bowl and the impellor would lock up,I did everything,shim it with gaskets then they would blow out,rebored the bowl bushing nothing helped,pure JUNK.Got a complete dominator and have not touched it ,perfect pump.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts