Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I really don't care
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The favorite burger thread is great for going out but nothing beats a homemade burger at home with plenty of cold beer in the fridge.

So, who's got the killer burger out there and what's in it?:)grn

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
x2 on the liptons soup mix. I like a little garlic in there too, not to much most people overdose with garlic, it's much better with moderation.

·
I got nothing
2,037 Posts
I use 80/20 or 85/15 beef. You need the fat content. The burger that I make that my friends seem to like the best are made by mixing the ground beef into a large bowl with A-1 and shredded, or crumbled, cheddar, and red onions. I mix it all up let it set up then make the burgers. One thing I've learned, if you don't have gloves, put some oil on your hands to make the patties that way the meat and mixture will not stick your hands. Also, put a dent in the top of the burger so that it does not blow up like a balloon...

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Ground beef, salt, pepper, onion salt, garlic salt, crushed red pepper, worchestershire sauce, an egg and fresh thick chopped garlic cloves. Never have leftovers!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I use 80/20 or 85/15 beef. You need the fat content. The burger that I make that my friends seem to like the best are made by mixing the ground beef into a large bowl with A-1 and shredded, or crumbled, cheddar, and red onions. I mix it all up let it set up then make the burgers. One thing I've learned, if you don't have gloves, put some oil on your hands to make the patties that way the meat and mixture will not stick your hands. Also, put a dent in the top of the burger so that it does not blow up like a balloon...
Sounds great, Scott. When's the bbq now? :D

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
The only meat i use now is ground chuck like most of the good resturants do
ground beef, onion soup mix, one egg, salt, pepper, alittle red pepper...you're set.
x2 on the liptons soup mix. I like a little garlic in there too, not to much most people overdose with garlic, it's much better with moderation.
Ground beef, salt, pepper, onion salt, garlic salt, crushed red pepper, worchestershire sauce, an egg and fresh thick chopped garlic cloves. Never have leftovers!
Sounds great, Scott. When's the bbq now? :D
Yep,, it's all good.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
My brat procedure is pretty good too. I poke holes in them cut up some onions into rings and soak them over night in beer. Then I add a little salt the next night to the beer and boil them. While they are getting crispy on the grill I saute the onions that had been soaking with the brats. I'm actually crunching on one right now. :D

I always dig these threads, nothing more fun than sharing recipe ideas!

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
my wife has been adding all sorts of cool sht to burgers lately, sun dried tomato, sausage bacon, hell I think she got the idea off of the food channel, they had some crap about the best custtom burger in the usa?? i have liked all but the one with Blue cheese!...you can have anything with BC...Im out!

Back to basics for me! I like the smoking wet apple chips on the fire, it makes a frozen patty good IMO! lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts