Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if anyone has ever dealt with them before, they mostly build
circle track pans, but I called them to ask about a custom pan, and they said no problem. told them I wanted a marine style box type pan with
a full pass. side kickout, 10-12qts, baffled, w/tray, scraper, etc. for a
gen 6 BBC. They said NO PROBLEM! gold iradited, with pickup screen,
$320.00!!!! MADE IN USA! OH YEAH, KEVKO is the name! this sure
sounds cheap ANYBODY ever deal with them before?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I belive its the same guy that i met at long beach swap meet and i ordered a 14 for my flat bottom and it was only 350.. As compared to otheres at 750.00 i should have mine next week sometime :d

·
Registered
550 Posts
We run em in circle track all the time.

Another thing I figured out B&B and the less expensive Bandit, Hamburgers, etc. are all the same pan.

I ordered a B&B from Rex really nice pan for the $$$. A friend of mine looked at a Bandit and a Hamburger pan and they all share the same part# expect the 1st two or last two are different. The bandit pan set next to my B&B was the same pan for half price.

·
Registered
435 Posts
This is just me, buy the best pan you can afford, when you burn up a 10,000 dollar short block trying to save 300 bucks with a guy that doesn't build v-drive oil pans everyday doesn't take long to figure the savings.

been there done that, the oil pan can make or brake you.

look at the stefs oil pans.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I would be very leary of buying a pan from someone that wasn't know for make a marine pan. If it is a play jet, wife and kids, who knows, maybe a stock truck pan will get you by. If, on the other hand you decide to get a wee bit stupid, you will pay the price. Alot of motors are lost because of pans. Alot of people don't realize it's the pan because it blew when they were just cruizing along on calm water with the wife and kids when it let go. Thats because you wounded it yesterday with your buddies while wake jumping. Once the bearing is hurt, it only gets worse. They don't heal and they always remember. This pic was taken Thanksgiving weekend at the Parker season opener. I hadn't planned to run this pan, but had no choice. Did I think it would work. Lets just say I asked the driver to take it easy, and I hoped. Turns out, I had nothing to worry about. It never dropped below 55lbs all weekend according to the data recorder. And it is pulling somewhere in the neibhorhood of 1.5 G's at this point. What pan? B&B

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Kevco builds pans for one of the vendors on here....I had one, very nice pans.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
We run em in circle track all the time.

Another thing I figured out B&B and the less expensive Bandit, Hamburgers, etc. are all the same pan.

I ordered a B&B from Rex really nice pan for the $$$. A friend of mine looked at a Bandit and a Hamburger pan and they all share the same part# expect the 1st two or last two are different. The bandit pan set next to my B&B was the same pan for half price.

History lesson, Joe Stef designed the pan when at Hamburger in the 80's. Joe Stef now owns Stef's and B&B. Joe also owns the tooling that the B&B pan is made on. The Burger and Bandit may look like our pan but but they are not. Our pan comes with the pickup designed for the pan, it also comes with the hardware. You will also fine ours fits very well.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
History lesson, Joe Stef designed the pan when at Hamburger in the 80's. Joe Stef now owns Stef's and B&B. Joe also owns the tooling that the B&B pan is made on. The Burger and Bandit may look like our pan but but they are not. Our pan comes with the pickup designed for the pan, it also comes with the hardware. You will also fine ours fits very well.
So who is building them?

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I would be very leary of buying a pan from someone that wasn't know for make a marine pan. If it is a play jet, wife and kids, who knows, maybe a stock truck pan will get you by. If, on the other hand you decide to get a wee bit stupid, you will pay the price. Alot of motors are lost because of pans. Alot of people don't realize it's the pan because it blew when they were just cruizing along on calm water with the wife and kids when it let go. Thats because you wounded it yesterday with your buddies while wake jumping. Once the bearing is hurt, it only gets worse. They don't heal and they always remember. This pic was taken Thanksgiving weekend at the Parker season opener. I hadn't planned to run this pan, but had no choice. Did I think it would work. Lets just say I asked the driver to take it easy, and I hoped. Turns out, I had nothing to worry about. It never dropped below 55lbs all weekend according to the data recorder. And it is pulling somewhere in the neibhorhood of 1.5 G's at this point. What pan? B&B
That's some good oil pan..it even works under water!

·
Registered
114 Posts

Are you designing and building pans with Joe? You seem to be inferring that.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Are you designing and building pans with Joe? You seem to be inferring that.
I worked for Joe for 3 years. I still do in the capacity of sales and tech support and also handle the larger wholesale accounts.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
So who is building them?

B&B pans are built on our tooling in Taiwan by the same company that does GM's stuff. The pan is finished here in the states along with the addition of the pickup and the 12 point bolts.

The "Burger" stuff is made elswere.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Just off they all share the same part# and were identical next to each other
Look at the pickups, look at the welding. Also put them on a flat surface. Weight wise ours is a little heavier even with the same dimensions. Suttle differences but differences.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
"Blood flow"

I'm a firm believer that the pan /pick up /pump combination make or break an engine. The "heart" of the engine, so to speak......Ray

PS GN7, Great picture. (The only one I've seen close was Rankin going by Gritch at Long Beach.........:)hand

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I'm a firm believer that the pan /pick up /pump combination make or break an engine. The "heart" of the engine, so to speak......Ray

PS GN7, Great picture. (The only one I've seen close was Rankin going by Gritch at Long Beach.........:)hand
I look at this way, the pan is the only non moving part that can destroy an engine if it isn't correct.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Funny. Jerry's (v-drive video) vid of that race is like Bill's training video. Studies why Rankin was able to catch him and then "THE PASS". It really is pretty interesting when you stop watching it as a race and look at what is going on. This is pic actually a last lap pass on Lanse Haselrig.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 22 Posts