Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I've got an '08 Dodge Mega Cab that I love, but it's pushing up on 180K miles. I know that there's a life span on transmissions pushing around 7,400 lb trucks with 35" tires, particularly those trucks that tow with any regularity. So, wanting to be proactive, I want to plan when I have it rebuilt, since it's my work Truck and I want to control when it's down, instead of waiting for it to fail, then reacting.

Anyway, I'm looking for a reputable shop (or guy) that's familiar with these transmissions. I want to find a guy that will build it right and know what areas to spend extra money to make it so that it'll last. I have considered just buying a new transmission, but figure that I'd probably save a lot buy having it rebuilt. The transmission shop that I've spoken to up here in Flagstaff wants to throw a Jasper transmission at it and charge me $5,000. I'm not in. This transmission can't be such voodoo that nobody rebuilds them, right!?? Sooo, any thoughts? I'm not really looking for someone that rebuilt a th-350 once and figures that he's ready to take on something more complicated. I would love to find someone that knows these things. Thanks in advance!!

Nik

1 - 1 of 1 Posts