Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· In INTERNET REHAB
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching wireless fencing for my dogs for over a year now and I finally purchased the Petsafe Wireless Containment System PIF300 and its the best money ever spent! I have 5 acres and the front side of it leads to a main road and I'm worried constantly my Queensland would get hit chasing a deer, turkey or some other varmint across the road. :( Now, he has a 90ft perimeter around the house and doesn't leave it, period. Took only 2 days for him to learn the flags mean a beep and then a zap. Worth every penny to know he is safe! :D So easy to use, waterproof and no wires!

Thanks for all the info everyone provided me on HB when I was researching too, appreciate the feedback!

· Premium Member
3,000 Posts
I remember back to HB when you were asking. My wired PetSafe system is 4-5 years old and works well (until the gardener cuts a wire with the weed wacker, then have to try to find the damn cut!)

Got to keep our loved ones out of the road!

Carl

· In INTERNET REHAB
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember back to HB when you were asking. My wired PetSafe system is 4-5 years old and works well (until the gardener cuts a wire with the weed wacker, then have to try to find the damn cut!)

Got to keep our loved ones out of the road!

Carl
Yes that was a few years ago and I was just lazy. Until I almost lost my Queensland to the road......... isn't worth it so I ordered it and had it shipped overnight. Its great, I'm going to order the extra receiver for my daughters pup too. I ordered the wireless because some of the ground out here is so hard and I just didn't want the hassle of wires etc.

· Got Beer?
423 Posts
The only thing negative I have ever heard about those type of systems, is that if they ever get "to the other side".... they won't be able to get back in....

But if it keeps them in... :)devil

· Slum Lord
2,802 Posts
Guess I'm lucky, my pup just stays within her boundries. Just yesterday I found someone had not latched my gate properly after our party on the 4th, Roxy was just laying at the open gate looking out.:p

· In INTERNET REHAB
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guess I'm lucky, my pup just stays within her boundries. Just yesterday I found someone had not latched my gate properly after our party on the 4th, Roxy was just laying at the open gate looking out.:p
He's pretty good too but he does like to chase critters and there is no stopping him once he gets going. I was worried about the Coyotes baiting him out too, they are really bad this year.

Too much!:D

· Premium Member
2,103 Posts
I have been researching wireless fencing for my dogs for over a year now and I finally purchased the Petsafe Wireless Containment System PIF300 and its the best money ever spent! I have 5 acres and the front side of it leads to a main road and I'm worried constantly my Queensland would get hit chasing a deer, turkey or some other varmint across the road. :( Now, he has a 90ft perimeter around the house and doesn't leave it, period. Took only 2 days for him to learn the flags mean a beep and then a zap. Worth every penny to know he is safe! :D So easy to use, waterproof and no wires!

Thanks for all the info everyone provided me on HB when I was researching too, appreciate the feedback!
are you sure you didn't put that up to keep your "sister" from drinking all your coors light??

· In INTERNET REHAB
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
are you sure you didn't put that up to keep your "sister" from drinking all your coors light??
Yup, I'm sure.

I realized a huge negative today when I was picking up ALL THE DOGSH*T that normally isn't there. Used to be, he would go wayyyyyy out in the field by the cattle to do his thing. Now, well........he goes inside the boundary......... :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.