Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
The member
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are the best of the best flatbottom drivers??? I would ideally like to see list of five or more drivers not in any specific order . So one through five who is it???

·
Retarded Member
126 Posts
ooohhhhhhhh

Well there's "ALATA" driver's out there, And "ALATA" has been! or never were peter pipers from the 80s and 90s, just ask them they'll tell you all about it! all talk no game!!!!!!!!!!:)st:)st:)st

·
Distinguished Member
5,775 Posts
I don't think you can pare the list down to 5.... there's way to many great drivers, past and present. How do you compare guys like Tom Black running BFF back in the day to current drivers like Heidamann running 179 in TAF... to many variables to come up with just 5. And the best of all time... I'm not even gonna try.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I don't think you can pare the list down to 5.... there's way to many great drivers, past and present. How do you compare guys like Tom Black running BFF back in the day to current drivers like Heidamann running 179 in TAF... to many variables to come up with just 5. And the best of all time... I'm not even gonna try.
Word up on that.

Plus you could make guys heads swell a whole "LATA"

·
Precision Craft Marine
1,563 Posts
I will add to the list, and this is based on wins and records.
Tony S
Ermshar Bros.
Dan Aaseth
Rick Jackson
Don Bausher
Milton Tolen
Jeff Martin
Johny Heideman
Allen Forsythe
Sunny Jones
Ken Singleton
That is my top ten, and there are plenty more, but these guys stick in my head as being racers that race more than an ocassional few per year. The list is long. Tony is by far the best, due to extreme amounts of seat time.
No one can hop from one boat to another like Tony, but this should not go to his head, he can be beat , just like anyone else.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Al Bush - BFF :))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp

Anyone can pedal a bicycle, can you pedal a flat?????

·
Break Out Another Thousnd
2,040 Posts
Ermshar (sp?) 'The Proffessor'
Denis Porter
Andy 'The Bandit' Herbert. (UGF) (UFF) (BFF). It's one thing to drive a flat through the trap, but to jump out of the boat right at the finish line like you were sliding in to home plate for the win. Well that's just dedication.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My top five . . . . .

*** Sonny Jones

*** Al Bush

*** Jerry "the HAMMER" Hanks

*** Dwight Warner

*** Jeff Bruins

·
Brendella 2" Runner NoS
201 Posts
Definately agree with all/most of these on the list - I'm partial to Ray Caselli! #007 panic Mouse - Ray was not only a great driver and competitor, but also made some rigging and hardware advancements in the quest for speed. I'm partial to drivers that also wrench, rig, and setup their boats. Ray was one of these guys. Not just an "arive and drive' kinda guy. Tony S. has done nothing but impress the sh*t outta me - this guy is really amazing, it's like he's got a built -in gyro-motion sensor in him. I believe it when people say he can jump in a boat for the first time and get it to perform.

My list of flatbottom dragboat drivers.

Ray Caselli
Al Bush
Sunny Jones
Marvin Savage
Wally Wardahl
Toonie Scarlati :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sunny Jones What a shoe ..... Mans a legend !
Ray Caselli

Bob Gettel (spell check ? )
Tony Lead-foots-alotta
Just to many to list ! :)devil

·
Registered
280 Posts
i will add to the list, and this is based on wins and records.
greg snyder
tony s
dan aaseth
rick jackson
don bausher
milton tolen
jeff martin
johny h
allen forsithe
sunny jones
ken singleton
that is my top ten, and there are plenty more, but these guys stick in my head as being racers that race more than an ocassional few per year. The list is long. Tony is by far the best, due to extreme amounts of seat time.
No one can hop from one boat to another like tony, but this should not go to his head, he can be beat , just like anyone else.
here i fixed it joe

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don't think you can just narrow it to dragboat racers, there are just so many drivers who made a huge impact in all fields of flatty racing. My picks would be Rudy Ramos, Howard Brown, Lou Brummett, Nick Barron, and Julian Pettingil.

·
Distinguished Member
5,775 Posts
Word up on that.

Plus you could make guys heads swell a whole "LATA"
No doubt our 'bro Tony is a driving mo-fo... it ain't bragging if you can back it up. He's got more seat time than any 5 guys I know... Not to mention willing to help anyone in the sport. He's way up on my list of flat drivers...

I'm guessing by your avatar that you mean drag boat drivers right?
Jerry makes a good point too... After driving a K (poorly) and then seeing it done right, I have major respect for those that get to the end of the track and want to turn around and come back...... several times :)sphss Maybe they're just lost, but it's friggen cool...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts