Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who makes the best pump these days? Or are they still using the same old things they made 20 years ago, no improvents to any of them?

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well since this is the jet section,I'm going with jet boat bump. Berkeley,Dominator, AT, Legend,Hamilton/kodiak, Scott?

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
The best pump is a Tight pump :rolleyes:

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
If U want a good pump plan on spending around $1500 or more on detail work inducer ect. That's if U have a ss impeller to work with.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm no expert, but I know you'll get better info if everybody knows a little more.

Type of hull?
HP?
RPM?
Goals?

·
Registered
290 Posts
That would be me, new 20' in the mold. Just toying with the idea, not sure what way I want to go as far as drive unit.
Cobra... really stoked to see you posting up about the 20 being in the mold. I've been waiting to see you do something. In my opinion (without seeing what the bottom looks like) put a jet in it and never turn back. If I remember right you were trying to get reasonably light with the layup, correct? Would be cool to see a simple single carb setup with decent power in the boat with a pump for a drive.

simple advice, contact Chris at B1 Racing for any and all pump work and setup. I'm sure he'd love to be a part of your program.
B1 Racing LLC. - Home - Santa Ana, CA

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
For something that can take anything you throw at it, and use anything you throw at it..... a late model Dominator 12S. With a detailed SS impeller, and an inducer, your pretty much set for any thing you can dish out.

·
520 Posts
simple advice, contact Chris at B1 Racing for any and all pump work and setup. I'm sure he'd love to be a part of your program.
B1 Racing LLC. - Home - Santa Ana, CA[/QUOTE]

X2, I would go with Chris, really great guy increadable work. But whom ever you chose stick with that guy. It can become really tough on all involved if you change up installers/tuners mid build. New Turbine-dominator for parts. Good luck with your build! Scott King

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey guys just having a little fun the other night :stir: didnt mean to bash on the thread
good luck with the build

No problem, this is a forum isn't it? If everyone was polite and politically correct it wouldn't be around long.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts