Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a backup intake for a 555 BBC! Who makes the best overall race intake? Single plane,single carb,4500 with fogger bosses!

I know each has there own but, give me some ideas!

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Running a Victor Jr on my 548. Heavily ported by Wilson. Its a 4150 though. Works well.

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Out of the box, IMO the Victor 4500 would be your best choice. I think the Super Victor might be just a tad big.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I am looking for a backup intake for a 555 BBC! Who makes the best overall race intake? Single plane,single carb,4500 with fogger bosses!

Plenty of good intakes out there but you haven't given the needed info on your motor or use of your motor for anyone to help you correctly pick the best intake.:)

·
Banned
1,263 Posts

If a pretty serious piece, and budget allows a little more than a stock intake, I'd go with a CNC 454-R. Click here: Edelbrock 2807 - Edelbrock Victor 454-R CNC Intake Manifolds - Overview - SummitRacing.com

If you'd be willing to spend more money than go with Wilson or your other favorite specialty intake/head porter.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
For a cnc intake I'd go to Curtis Boggs @ RFD. I know he works directly with Edelbrock R&D. He can tailor an intake to your exact combination.
Expensive, but none better.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Wow, all the ay up to a custom CNC intake all from no more info the it's a 555 BBC. Whats this 555 going in? What kind of heads, flow #'s? How much cam and what kind of RPM range will it be running in? Is it going in a 30' cruiser turning 5500rpm or a V-drive drag boat turning 8000+rpm? Might be useful info. :)bulb

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Wow, all the ay up to a custom CNC intake all from no more info the it's a 555 BBC. Whats this 555 going in? What kind of heads, flow #'s? How much cam and what kind of RPM range will it be running in? Is it going in a 30' cruiser turning 5500rpm or a V-drive drag boat turning 8000+rpm? Might be useful info. :)bulb
That's the idea behind the word "custom". I realize that's probably over your head, though...
The 555 is in a jet, it has 345cc heads and is on pump gas with one of CStraub's cams.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Out of the box, IMO the Victor 4500 would be your best choice. I think the Super Victor might be just a tad big.
Does Dart still make a great intake and what about a Brodix ?

S CP

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Does Dart still make a great intake and what about a Brodix ?

S CP
I think the Dart is at the bottom of the list when it comes to out of the box intakes. They take a ton of work to get anywhere near the Ede's. I don't know much about the Brodix...not too many use them that I hear about. I haven't heard anything bad.
IMO when you start porting or CNC'ing an intake, it really doesn't matter who's name is on it.

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Well, that settles it. The Team G 4500 I have sitting on the self is going in the recycling bin for Tues pickup.:mad:
Not so fast..they're not that bad....;)

·
Registered
854 Posts
That's the idea behind the word "custom". I realize that's probably over your head, though...
The 555 is in a jet, it has 345cc heads and is on pump gas with one of CStraub's cams.

Yep, your right this motor is way over my head. I'll just stick to my Kaase prostock hemi build for now but when i'm ready to step up to the big leagues i'll let ya know.

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Yep, your right this motor is way over my head. I'll just stick to my Kaase prostock hemi build for now but when i'm ready to step up to the big leagues i'll let ya know.
You made the stupid comment. :)hand

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts