Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the Craigslist hunt for a project to keep in the garage and slowly work on for the winter. I'm not looking to spend the money on a tunnel or gullwing, but want a decent hull. I know half the hulls are splashes of each other. So in everybody's experience what's the best V hull to get into the 80+ mph zone. My number one target is a Rogers 19 TR, but if I don't find one of those I really like bahner, miller, southwind T deck, eliminator bubble deck. Seems like every other company from the 80's-90's just splashed one of those hulls. Any opinions greatly appreciated! I will not be doing any bottom work, looking for the best out of the mold bang for buck hull. Obviously full stringer/BBC/Berkeley.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not sure if you are looking for leads, but , saw this on CL:

Rogers Speed Boat

Definitely a project. If the length is as stated, then it would be a TR. The Bonneville TR's were 18'-10" & the bonneville 18's were actually 17'-10".
Based on the condition, I would say you could get it for less than $5000. Looks like it was capped at some point. Other than that there'a s good chance it's a fairly unmodified (not chopped up) boat.
BTW, notice the original 'mailbox' scoop!

G

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I was in contact with that guy for a few weeks, would not come
down on price very much. The interior is trashed and so is the engine. Been sitting outside for a while. Also last time it was posted it was 30 minutes from my house in Gardena, now it's in Northern California.... hhmm

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah, the change of location is suspicious. :hmmm: Regardless, if the boat has been exposed to the weather for an extended period of time, it could potentially have some wood rot issues, which would make it a very involved project indeed…..

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is advantage the only manufacturer that used the Rogers bottom, or did any of the other guys use it also?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Is advantage the only manufacturer that used the Rogers bottom, or did any of the other guys use it also?
Cougar boats were in Canada, don't know if they're still around or not, but they splashed the 18 bubble back in the day, don't think many made it across the border?
Bahner splashed the bottom, just the bottom as the sides were different. He also splashed the Southwind. Advantage used the Rogers molds, I helped load them on flatbed trailers when I worked for Roger then a year or so later worked for Advantage. Long time ago now, can't believe how long its been. :))eek:))

·
long standing member
70 Posts
I have a southwind tdeck I may sell less engine, or less engine and pump. original gel,nice interior, balsa floor, dragster stringers, induser, stainless impeller, rideplate I have had it in the high 90 mph range. Black with blues PM me if interested

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have a southwind tdeck I may sell less engine, or less engine and pump. original gel,nice interior, balsa floor, dragster stringers, induser, stainless impeller, rideplate I have had it in the high 90 mph range. Black with blues PM me if interested
Why don't you throw up some pictures of your Southwind tdeck. What year is it?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good looking boat. I had an ultra t deck (same mold) and loved it. Sold it for dirt cheap to upgrade to an open bow, biggest mistake I ever made.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
MSKM...cool deal :))THumbsUp

You must of bought that off of LakeOnly (Paul) or maybe it's the twin to his boat. lol If I remember right Pauls boat was an 1981 or an 1982 and didn't have a shoe or a rideplate. I think it had a black pump but it's been over 10 years since I last saw it so it could have been white. What are you asking for it?

LakesOnly_SouthwindF1TD.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cougar boats were in Canada, don't know if they're still around or not, but they splashed the 18 bubble back in the day, don't think many made it across the border?
Bahner splashed the bottom, just the bottom as the sides were different. He also splashed the Southwind. Advantage used the Rogers molds, I helped load them on flatbed trailers when I worked for Roger then a year or so later worked for Advantage. Long time ago now, can't believe how long its been. :))eek:))
My Ultra is a splash of a Bahner with a Rogers bottom

1 - 19 of 19 Posts