Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions for a good stain remover for marine vinyl? I scrubbed the 12 year old interior with Zep purple de-greaser and a brush and all the dirt, grime and mildew came off. It even took off the oil and dirt but there are still some black stains left. Is there anything I can use to treat just those spots and what is good to condition the rest of the stuff. Since we are doing the motor and drive this year, a new interior will have to wait a while.

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Magic eraser will clean it for sure but use cautiously as it will rub the shine right off yor interior. You will need to use some vinyl restore product after to bring back the shine and new look to your interior after using the eraser. It is abrasive.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Simple Green "HD" (the purple stuff) spray on, little scrubby brush action, wipe off.. Magic eraser as well.

For old stains to echo others the sun will help to bleach it all together.

RD

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I use simple green with the magic eraser. Get it good and wet..:)... and use a very lite polishing action with the eraser. Sponge off with warm water, and treat with protectant.

BTW if you get grease on the vinly, use WD40. Nothing works better for grease.

Darrell.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Magic eraser will clean it for sure but use cautiously as it will rub the shine right off yor interior. You will need to use some vinyl restore product after to bring back the shine and new look to your interior after using the eraser. It is abrasive.
Exactly, those thing take off the first layer of anything. We still have a dulled area on a formica top it ruined. If it is having it's last detail before you sell it fine, otherwise I'd find something else.

·
Got Beer?
434 Posts
Best Answer

Base on the input . . . .

Use the magic eraser, with simple green and warm water and do it in the sun.

Than go on the lake and let the sun continue to work on it if the above didn't work.:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts