Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best wax to prevent waterspots? The water in Havasu is so hard. My boat is a 27 Daytona Open bow Purple, Orange and Red deck (Dark Colors), between the kids and the wind on the lake lately. The top deck gets covered in hard water spots every day I'm out. I try to wipe it down when I stop but it's too late. I have to use something other than soap and water after I pull the boat out after each weekend. I just had the boat detailed but I'm not sure what kind of wax he used. boat looks great when clean. What is everyone using to help prevent this? Thanks

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
i know how to remove them. im looking for preventing them with a good wax. Any ideas?

Nothing will prevent them. A hard water spot is a hard water spot be it on wax or gel. All you can do is keep use'n the sauce to wipe them off.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Meguiars Spray Wax

I have found it works best to remove the water spots with a mixture of vinegar and water, then apply a coat of Meguiars Quik Wax spray wax. It take a few minutes but worth every drop of sweat to the next owner... :)hand

BAS

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I use boat bling "quickie wax" . I put a fresh coat on once a month. then, use "hot sauce" to wipe it down looks newly waxed after every trip from the lake.

YOU should start with clean gel or paint prior to Quickie wax. I do a 3 step process and it sparkles.

·
LA to KC to AUS
68 Posts
Can't avoid the wipe-down to remove spots -- but in terms of ease of doing this -- I've had great results with Waxing Frenzy as a base (liquid wax variety) and quick touch-up (spray-on variety)

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
I have used "Driven" wax products for years now and find them to be effective. The wax stays on the boat real well in the hot sun and makes wipe down with the spray concentrate mix/water a breeze. Water spots wipe right off at the end of the day.

·
Nordic 35' Flame
529 Posts
Can't avoid the wipe-down to remove spots -- but in terms of ease of doing this -- I've had great results with Waxing Frenzy as a base (liquid wax variety) and quick touch-up (spray-on variety)
X2 on the Frenzy, if it's good enough to keep Reggie's Hair that cool, and his gold that shiny...it's good enough for me!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have used "Driven" wax products for years now and find them to be effective. The wax stays on the boat real well in the hot sun and makes wipe down with the spray concentrate mix/water a breeze. Water spots wipe right off at the end of the day.
x2 been using it since 04

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
I have had good luck with Collinite 845.

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
BY FAR AND WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!!!

THE BEST STUFF ON EARTH..I have tried them all and nothing compares

it's formulated for the Havasu heat and won't break down till 172*

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
BY FAR AND WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!!!

THE BEST STUFF ON EARTH..I have tried them all and nothing compares

it's formulated for the Havasu heat and won't break down till 172*

Where do you get it?

Is it easy on and easy off?

I'm always looking for a better wax!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Thanx for info CZ.........I'll check it out!

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
dont waste money

make your own 75 percent vinager and 25 percent green liquid turtle wax shake well and spray works just as good as all that other stuff. vinager takes off the spots and turtle wax provides the protection:)devil

1 - 20 of 32 Posts