Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if any of you guys have any recommendations on how to clean tranny fluid (ATF4) up off asphalt? I've tried the methods I use for oil and it only made the problem worse. I know the local auto parts stores have a few products claiming to do this safely but i don't want to drop $100 testing every product they offer.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
From a popular commerical " if it won't come clean with super clean, it won't come clean ". The purple stuff has allways worked well for me, you may give it a try, the purple stuff from Castrol.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Anything like Castrol Super Clean or other degreasers is going to also dry out the asphalt. You may have better luck putting something down to absorb the ATF. Kitty litter or ash sweep for example.

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
*warning*warning*warning*

You know how everything has a warning on the label about wearing gloves, don't get on your skin, protect your eyes... blah blah blah?

If you try the purple stuff... WEAR GLOVES! And try to not even get it on those!

Been there done that. Was even warned by the guy who recommended it... my Dad. Probably why I didn't listen. LOL

Will pull all the oil out of your skin and a couple days later the palm of your hands painfully crack open and resemble 100 grit sandpaper.

The good part of it is, it will probably get you out of any kind of massage your wife/GF may want you to give her. :happy:

I've never tried it on the oil you speak of, my guess is it's your best bet though.

Keep us posted on what works out in the end. And...

Good luck!

-Seth-

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Were can you get that stuff? Called a local autoparts store and they guy said that it's not around anymore because the EPA. He has the super clean version which he says is no where near as strong.
Any Pep Boys or Auto Zone has it. It nasty stuff. Like Xclutchboy said, it will probably pull oil right out out of the asphalt. Don't get it on anything painted. It will even destroy anodizing.
If the EPA got to the stuff, I wouldn't be surprised, but its a new ne on me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Wondering if any of you guys have any recommendations on how to clean tranny fluid (ATF4) up off asphalt? I've tried the methods I use for oil and it only made the problem worse. I know the local auto parts stores have a few products claiming to do this safely but i don't want to drop $100 testing every product they offer.
Tide Laundry detergent..(powder) sprinkle it on there ..wet it a bit..scrub gentle...hose off....

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts