118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i just go real fast jump on the pedal and turn.... :)LegHump

j/k whats the easiest way to flip a boat over to work on the underside

·
yeah its ugly
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your such a douche...that only works if you plan on working on it at the lake. Obviously that was not this guy's intentions. I can be of no use to this situation..

of course I plan on working on it at the lake, If I wasnt I wouldve bought another boat with a roll cage... but I would like to eliminate the paintwork that was done before it came into my possession

·
3,246 Posts
6-8 buddies, some grass (not the kind you smoke), and a 30 pack of coors light.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
The Guru should be able to help out on this one.

·
Antique Member
906 Posts
Last time

Best way to flip is 90+mph, tight left hand Tokyo Drift turn then hit some 2'+ deep side rollers. Torque will do the rest when you let off. It almost worked for me three years ago. Makes for real excitement and great stories. Last actual total roll over because of side rollers was in 1964 at Ming. (Winter, borrowed gear, and real cold). The gentleman that lent me the gear wasn't too happy when I gave the gear back, ice cold and dripping wet. :)devil
Denis

·
yeah its ugly
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Best way to flip is 90+mph, tight left hand Tokyo Drift turn then hit some 2'+ deep side rollers. Torque will do the rest when you let off. It almost worked for me three years ago. Makes for real excitement and great stories. Last actual total roll over because of side rollers was in 1964 at Ming. (Winter, borrowed gear, and real cold). The gentleman that lent me the gear wasn't too happy when I gave the gear back, ice cold and dripping wet. :)devil
Denis
havent been to ming in years and im a young guy but brings back memories

·
Antique Member
906 Posts
Ming

havent been to ming in years and im a young guy but brings back memories
If you all want a real laugh, I should post a photo of the "Wedge". Me and a buddie built this our Senior year in High School, and really thought we were tearing up the world!!! (This is the beast that I sank at Ming). I bet you it did all of 45 or 50 on a good day, and believe me, that piece of poop did not have many good days!!!! But, it was my piece of poop-a long way and many years from the Cole or Hondo, but a starting point, none the less. Humble beginnings.:)devil
Denis

·
Distinguished Member
5,775 Posts
On the way from Ontario to Needles this year, before he let me in the K5, Tony spent about 2 hours discussing all the different ways to crash a circle boat. At this point, I think he's got a pretty good idea what not to do :)
If you prefer a more controlled approach, stick a lifting strap through the center plug and slide a long bolt through it to keep it from pulling out. Put another strap around the bow eye with suitable padding and pick up both ends with whatever hoists you have available. We have an I beam with a chain fall in the shop and use a come along on a gable beam. I guess you could use a couple cherry pickers as well. Pick it up, and spin it around. You have to set it on the rear corner to flip the rear strap over to straddle the center plate. We had 4 guys around, but could have done it with 2. So easy, a cave man can do it. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts