Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
professional slacker
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The bar holding my boat to the trailer, snapped my Bow hook.

Got a new one, installing in a few.. going to sweat my ass off.

If anyone has a 23-24 tandem trailer for sale.. Please let me know.

Attachments

·
Lord of the Drinks
2,352 Posts
That's not good. I've seen that trailer design wreck little boats...let alone a 23' boat.

Ever think about upgrading to a winch?

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Mine broke last weekend at the lake.

·
professional slacker
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's not good. I've seen that trailer design wreck little boats...let alone a 23' boat.

Ever think about upgrading to a winch?

Well I had Paul and the boys at Outdrive Exchange look at it.. We decided because it's a fiberglass trailer with no steel support, we didn't want to risk breaking the fiberglass. Down the road (if I keep the boat) I'll get a steel trailer.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
Your trailer is built completely out of fiberglass???

looks like that bow eye has taken some hits from the
bottom, maybe that strap pressing against it..

·
Registered
463 Posts
Happened to my dad's spectra on a trailer with the bar mount up front. He changed the bow eye and changed the setup to a winch. Bummer that you cant do that with the glass trailer. Is that thing a collectors item? :)sphss Maybe you can get some $$$ for it.

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
I've never seen a trailer like his. It's all fiberglass and it's the exact shape as the bottom of his boat. Like they took the plug for his model, laid up fibergalss around it and bolted axles under it with a hitch in the front. No steel support beam in it, it's all fiberglass. I can't figure out how it hasn't broken yet.:)sphss:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts