Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
16,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Dillon's (Info Jr.) fingernail. It lost a fight with the disc sander. We just had this discussion the other day. He only has fingers on one hand.

Beware !!

The gross pic is on thread page 2

Attachments

·
Blown, OHBA Member
2,811 Posts
Ouch

I have lost a couple over the years to framing hammers, but not to a sander. It should grow back.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Threw a bumper in the truck at the junkyard and it landed on my finger, looked down and no nail. Burned like hell all day. I soaked it inside er and it felt better. True Story :)grn

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Info, was this the little 4 1/2" deal or a 7-9" disk sander. Those little sumbitches are the most dangerous hand tool in the shop. I had a nail ripped off like that and can still feel the touchy feely difference in that finger, 15 years later.

Just curious, did the fact that he only has the one hand play a part in this? Because you're right, he does need to be m uch more aware hand held power tools that most of us stupidly take for granted too often. I can't imagine using either size without the ability to have a good grip with both hands. :no:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Administrator
16,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Info, was this the little 4 1/2" deal or a 7-9" disk sander. Those little sumbitches are the most dangerous hand tool in the shop. I had a nail ripped off like that and can still feel the touchy feely difference in that finger, 15 years later.

Just curious, did the fact that he only has the one hand play a part in this? Because you're right, he does need to be m uch more aware hand held power tools that most of us stupidly take for granted too often. I can't imagine using either size without the ability to have a good grip with both hands. :no:
It's a 7-9 Parts were a bit small I've been getting on to him for running sandpaper on parts in the lathe with his fingers. Maybe he will wake up. Last time he got his thumb between a chuck jaw and a boring bar insert. Rolling it around by hand. His nail popped audibly.

He was born without any fingers on his left hand. He drives the boat hanging on with his wrist.

Water was rough this day.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
It's a 7-9 Parts were a bit small I've been getting on to him for running sandpaper on parts in the lathe with his fingers. Maybe he will wake up. Last time he got his thumb between a chuck jaw and a boring bar insert. Rolling it around by hand. His nail popped audibly.
I have no idea how people like Dillion do the things do. I went to high school with a guy that became a great underwater welder, and he was born totally blind!

Yeah I can see how that happened. One of those things we have all done with a grinder, but probably shouldn't. We had a guy hurt pretty badly doing something similar in the shop a few years back. 2 days later there was a new 14" Kalamazoo belt/disc combo sander. But I have still used a hand sander the same way at home many times.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I have trashed more fingers than i care to remember over the years..Absolutely nothing worst than a fingernail...I feel for the kid. If he needs to protect it, try duct tape and a piece of pvc pipe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts